ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch issue?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Just took it to garage. Done the reset on the pedal. Seems a bit better and smoother.
Chap did say that the clutch plate looks good but the pins that press against it are a bit worn?
Does that make sense to anyone?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Have you not watched DIY SOS?
you can have the job dave once its needed.
Just took it for a spin and it feels a lot better after the adjust. Nice smooth pulling away now.
Think he wanted the job to put a clutch in tbh.

330i. E30 Touring.
Just took it to garage. Done the reset on the pedal. Seems a bit better and smoother.
Chap did say that the clutch plate looks good but the pins that press against it are a bit worn?
Does that make sense to anyone?

f**k knows how he can see the pins and plate without taking the box off, which is a good few hours work.

the-man-with-x-ray-eyes.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
By "the pins", is that the 20 or so things angled towards the plate that flex?
(sorry for lack of knowledge lol)

Yeah, i'd imagine so.

I'd guess it's half possible that he's used a borescope in through either the crank sensor cutout, or in by the clutch fork, but i doubt it.

PH2 172
As there was no final resolution to this thread, after tolerating a low biting point and heavy clutch pedal for over 3+ years, & 30k miles, last week following a gearbox disaster, I had a new clutch fitted at the same time.

The instant result, using the same clutch cable etc was a normal bite point & feather light operation (relatively).

The friction plate & thrust bearing were still in serviceable condition, so the root cause is a gradual deterioration of the diaphragm spring in the pressure plate, resulting in excessive pedal movement before the clutch freed off, and an inefficient operating angle resulting in a heavy pedal.

Sorry but clutch replacement is the answer to this problem if you cannot live with it.