ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch/GearBox Whine???

PH1_172
When i put my foot on my clutch it starts to whine, then when i release the clutch it stops th whining and when imdriving dosnt seem to whine anymore.
I'm pretty sure that it whines when i put my foot down on the clutch regardless if its in gear or not.

Any ideas,im think clutch release bearing but what does that actually mean lol.:(

It means the bearings wearing

Mines doing the same just live with it and chnage it if/when it breaks along with the clutch.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
It means the bearings wearing

Mines doing the same just live with it and chnage it if/when it breaks along with the clutch.

lol i did this also recently and it broke within 1 week lol

but the mechanic showed me the clutch after and it looked really fucked and he said im really lucky it didnt lock up when driving.

get it all sorted i can get you some parts preflaby, pm me if interested. BTW i got my clutch kit from renault as my friend works for them so i got staff discount AND 1 years warrenty :) u cant go wrong

cya

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
dependin what part u lookin to purchase ill try sort u out but just dont get it fitted at renault :D

PH1_172
well ill ask my uncle to chek it out so i knwo what i need but i reakon if tis the release bearing i may aswell do clutch mighten i?

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
well ill ask my uncle to chek it out so i knwo what i need but i reakon if tis the release bearing i may aswell do clutch mighten i?

well whats the milage of yours? my clutch was a sports one which had been rinsed out hardcore so i just thought fcuk it buy a new one

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
either way who will do the labour for you? you gonna have to take the gearbox out neway n all sorts so u might as well for the time its gna take

PH1_172
hoping my uncle will sort it out as he is a mechnic, i may aswell do the clutch, do i need a bearing plus clutch or do you get a clutch with the bearing kit lol i dont know bout this techy stuff

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
i myself dont know s**t lol im sure i got it with the clutch kit cause i paid for 3 items, clutck kit engine mount and selecters fork. labour was from monday to saturday LOL about 9 hours i think

Valver
If you buy a 'clutch kit' which is what most people do, it will contain a pressure plate, clutch disc, and release bearing.

ok thanks where is the best place to buy a clutch kit?? Renault??

Renault is the best personally.
7.1 hours to chnage pofficialy migh as well chnage the clutch at the same time as its the same cost realy and if the clutch wears later its another 7.1 hours to strip it down and replace so why risk it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
gen renault clutch kit is about £70 i reckon. My original renault clutch has had a lot of hammer and its still ok at 55k

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
yep renault want a disgusting 120 pounds per hour of labour lol quoted for 9 hours 1080 :p find your local dealer n purchase the clutch elsewhere