ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Cable Adjustment

Clio
Hi,

Ever since I purchased my 182, the clutch seemed to drag sometimes and as of late it has got a lot worse. The bite point is near the bottom of the pedal travel. Say going into reverse it now often crunches rather than going in smoothly, a symptom I believe of a dragging clutch.

I have tried searching on here but have been unable to find a definitive answer on how or if the auto adjustment ratchet can be easily reset. What is the procedure and from what end of the cable?

I have also spotted there is an adjustment rod with locking nut on the clutch pedal mechanism. What does this do?

Thanks!

renault clio 1.4 16v
disconnect the cable from the clutch fork and pull the ratchet for the auto adjust mechanism back? may need to remove a spring on the pedal, cant remember all the details when i did mine

Clio
Hi,

Thanks. For the benefit of anyone else reading, I took the air box out to access the clutch fork on the gearbox side. Just slip the clutch cable off the fork, press the (now floppy) clutch pedal a few times and then reattach. It seemed to work, which suggests to me that my auto adjust might not be adjusting.

Given the likely age of grease on it, has anyone taken one off, cleaned it up and regreased?

Thanks