ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clucth problem very high bite point

pug 106 rallye S2
hey, i have a 172 ona 52plate thats done just over 37k...
i have not launched it or let the clutch slip when driving it hard and neither did the lass who had it before... she only did very low miles..
so in thery its possbile had hard use for less than 20k but this i doubt as the lad before spent fortunes on the servicing etc.
pulling away 5 up it felt like it was wheelspinning, so changed into 2nd... revs whiped round but very little movement... did same into 3-4th...
bite point is practically off the pedal now and the pedal has gone very firm... like leg ache to drive it for more than 10 mins...
is the clutch dead? or does it need adjusting?

also tried putting some power through it whilst alone... hit 4k and then it seems to slip round to about 6k in like half a second with no forward movement. as if its wheelspinning but its not...
thanks guys

www.renparts.co.uk
Seems unlikely its worn as they usually last ages on 172/182's. There is no adjusment as such, its a self adjusting system.

i have not launched it or let the clutch slip when driving it hard and neither did the lass who had it before... she only did very low miles..
so in thery its possbile had hard use for less than 20k but this i doubt as the lad before spent fortunes on the servicing etc.
pulling away 5 up it felt like it was wheelspinning, so changed into 2nd... revs whiped round but very little movement... did same into 3-4th...
bite point is practically off the pedal now and the pedal has gone very firm... like leg ache to drive it for more than 10 mins...
is the clutch dead? or does it need adjusting?

also tried putting some power through it whilst alone... hit 4k and then it seems to slip round to about 6k in like half a second with no forward movement. as if its wheelspinning but its not...
thanks guys
The possible problem is the car was at near max all up wieght and the clutches arn't great anyway for a car with the setup it has.

COuld just need a new clutch cable or if not a new clutch. Could be a gearbox seal having gone though and wrecking the clutch.
Seems unlikely its worn as they usually last ages on 172/182's.
Life span depend how you drive 40k and they can be gone.