ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clocks reset on start up

clio 172 cup
can any one help? i think it may be my battery. as i start my car the clocks reset ie trip millage mpg etc . its only been the last couple of mornings. the car starts no problem though :rolleyes:

Honda & VW
Use 'SEARCH' - i asked the exact same question recently and could easily have got my answer if i had just searched.

Trip readings resetting dayly = Battery on it's last legs basically.

Whacked a new one in mine and it's fine now.

M2 Competition
Be careful with the cold weather, as you'll be starting the car and get nothing if you try and put off changing it!

'95 Astra :-(
Mine has also been doing this since the weather has been getting cold (if temp sensor is generally below 7 deg).

If I turn the ignition on and check the trip/MPG it is there. Once the engine starts the values reset?

I wonder if auto headlights might cause additional power drain. I am not sure if they come on instantly the engine starts? Drain from HID ?

I read lots of posts on this. Some people changed their battery and it still happenes?! Bloke near me who works at Renault dealer on electrics said buy a new instrument module :eek:!

The engine starts so strong though? I've got the jump leads in the boot and am currently resisting buying a new battery.

Higgy.