ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clocking noise! ?? cv joint? wheel barings??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Clonking noise! ?? cv joint? wheel barings??

Clonking 172:(

:dapprove: when im driving along i notice a cloncking noise from the right drivers side!
turn the wheel left and its gone!............

any ideas???

im hoping its not the cv joint and im also hoping it aint the wheel barings... i shall take the wheel off have a look and see if any thing is lose under there tonight......... making sure there are not loose wheel nuts theres a slight judding at the wheelat about 120 mhp and up wards to abotu 140 mph then it seems to stop ???:quiet: i noticed this when driving along my privert road:rolleyes:

if an one can help would be much apreacheated!

Last edited:
  clio 182 black /gold
A little more details on the car? I have a 182 and mine does this and they say it is a strut top.

Re: Clonking noise! ?? cv joint? wheel barings??

Right ok 172......

lowered with ebach springs 30 mill
front strut braces
5mm wheel spacers allround (comming off the front tonight)

standerd wheels and every thing elles standerd:(

cant think of any thing diffrent.....

silver cup packed FF 182
my mates 172 also does this but clonks whilst going round right hand corners the back left of the car starts to clonk.

Vectra :(
Mine has started doing it going round left hand corners. clonking noise from the rear left of the car. if its the suspension/dampers then thats cool because getting coilovers ASAP. The other thing it could be which has also been a problem for me is if you have an after market zorst then it will be too heavy for the renault (french quality for you) rubbers and mountings. Mine shakes/rattles and knocks around like a b**ch and can knock against things making a tapping sound. A decent branch of powerflow can sort that out for you. I am having mine done next week. Re-aligned and levelled and cut into bumper to raise it ready for the coilovers is gonna cost about £30. Could be worth looking into your back box, give it a wiggle and see if its knocking on anything at the rear, going round a corner could cause it to make a knocking noise.

Maybe i am wrong tho and its another problem for me too. Not had it checked out yet by a machanic

nope mine is deffo the from right drivers side and its getting worse its almost as if the wheel is falling off?:mad:

havent lookd yet but will see tommorrow and take the frontspacers off just incase it has somthink to do with them :boring:

if it is i will be happy because its sorted but unhappy because the wheels look so hidden under the big archs!

:cool: found the problem!!!!!!

3 nutd lose???? donno how but thats all it was!!!!!:approve:

im one happy happy chappy!