ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cliotrophy owners maybe in for a big shock soon!!!!

clio trophy No56
Another couple of points for a Trophy, In a few years time a Trophy in a small front end accident which damages both front struts wll be wrote off as opposed to a standard/cup 182 purerly on the sachs cost, and how long until 3rd and 4th owners of a Trophy put ordinary struts on it for cost cutting when ths Sachs fail.. I fear the best thing about the Trophy now will be its achilles heel in the not to distant future. Anyone agree with this including Trophy owners.

I disagree with this, i would rather put my car off the road until i could afford the Sachs or something similar.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Another couple of points for a Trophy, In a few years time a Trophy in a small front end accident which damages both front struts wll be wrote off as opposed to a standard/cup 182 purerly on the sachs cost, and how long until 3rd and 4th owners of a Trophy put ordinary struts on it for cost cutting when ths Sachs fail.. I fear the best thing about the Trophy now will be its achilles heel in the not to distant future. Anyone agree with this including Trophy owners.

I disagree with this, i would rather put my car off the road until i could afford the Sachs or something similar.

If the car is worth 5k in a few years would you pay 2.4k for two front dampers and if your car is your only one in the family and used as a daily driver it makes no sense to put it off the road.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

If the car is worth 5k in a few years would you pay 2.4k for two front dampers and if your car is your only one in the family and used as a daily driver it makes no sense to put it off the road.

gtvlew, you may well be right but your still missing the point, why would anyone want to throw away a £1.5 damper and get a new one when they can be refurbed for a fraction of that.

clio trophy No56

I would rather walk or get the bus that stick standard dampers on it, i thought my old 182 with cup suspension on it was good but the Trophy is just much better and i couldnt go back to all that understeer on corners, yes 2.4k is alot but im sure you will be able to get them cheaper than this, i hope.
Plus im a bit stupid when it comes to money, if i had the money at the time i probably would spend alot to replace them but if not i would have to go for something very similar.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

gtvlew, you may well be right but your still missing the point, why would anyone want to throw away a £1.5 damper and get a new one when they can be refurbed for a fraction of that.
Agreed but what will the integrity of the damper leg itself be like, corrosion of legs not seals etc, thats what i am on about