ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Rep - Progress thread

Fabia VRS Special Ed
glad the lights got there in one peice, i made sure they were wrapped up nicely didnt want any brakeages! :approve:

I really was impressed with that packaging mate, I spend so much time wrapping up parcels for delivery because I don't want the items to get damaged and this is probably the first time I've recieved one thats been the same :)

I'm keeping the bedsheet by the way....As a dustsheet :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Just a note...There's a few pictures missing from the first page(s) as I recently moved some of the images around in my photobucket account, I'll reupload all of these images to my own server and make sure they're all working :)

Artic Blime 182
I even got mentioned :approve:
Sooo is it finished yet, an if not why not?? :rasp:
Oh if you want to borrow a camera that doesnt have vaseline on the lens give me a shout :evil: ill do some shots of it when they it is done i am getting quite average with the camera..

Fabia VRS Special Ed
The bits are in the shop mate, hopefully getting sprayed over the next few days.

My fog surrounds came yesterday, well...Attempted to but I wasn't in so are at the depo.

The only thing I need now is the bottom RS grille.

Spent about £200 last night on a machine polisher, pads & other products for restoring my paintwork :)

koi

Audi S1
Nice project. Why don't you just fill in the holes for the washer jets on the bumper, they're useless anyway.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Nice project. Why don't you just fill in the holes for the washer jets on the bumper, they're useless anyway.

Could do mate but I dont want the filler sinking eventually, I'll just get some washer blanks when I get enough money. For now I'll just use some gromits :)

Cheers for the comment :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
** UPDATE **

Over the last few days I've managed to convert the LEDs in my car, I bought them from Daz (Da - Legend) and got to work on them on friday.

It was ridiculous how fiddly it was but in the end I've sorted them, just need to finish the climate controls as I ran out of SMDs but apart from that they're all done :)

I had to put a bit of paper behind the dipped beam & hazard windows as they were far too bright without.

I think they've made a hugeeeeeee transformation to the interior!

Pics:

Speedo:
013-1.gif

Speedo with immobiliser flashing:
014-1.gif

Speedo with hazards and dipped beam on:
016-2.gif

Rear window heater & lock buttons:
017-1.gif

Radio & climate control (partially complete):
018-2.gif

Window switches:
020-3.gif

I bought some "white" bulbs from Halfords to use in the clock, but they look awful so I'll be rigging up my own LED style bulbs to go in when I get more:
019-2.gif

More progress to follow, waiting on the bodyshop to spray my bits this week (hopefully).

Cheers
Liam

Fabia VRS Special Ed
My bits have finally been sprayed!!!

Going to the bodyshop at 9am to collect and fitting them tomorrow :D

Fabia VRS Special Ed
** UPDATE **

Yesterday I managed to find time to fit my front bumper with all of the bits & the wings!

Getting the alignment right was a bit of a pig but got it good in the end :)

Here are the pics anyway:

What I was greeted to when I went into the booth :)

019-3.gif

018-3.gif

016-3.gif

Here are the pics of the changeover process and end results:

020-4.gif

021-2.gif

022-2.gif

I'm made up with the results, haven't put the skirts on yet because I'm deciding on what's best to do regarding attaching them to the car :|

** UPDATE No 2 **

Last night I was on here and noticed that somebody was selling some Xenons, I saw that they were in the NW and after some discussion we agreed a price.

Me and the missus made the journey and I fitted them in a Lidl car park.

They make such a difference and I think they completely transform the look of the front end :D

Pics of tonight:

024.gif

028.gif

026.gif

029.gif

Thanks for reading :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Wondering whether anyone could give me advice regarding attaching the sideskirts?

I have the clips but don't really fancy rivveting the sills :|

DCi 100
It's getting there dude! Xenon's do help alot, but take the side lights out and just run the xenons like everyone else :rasp:

alien green rs133
just man up and drill the sills, the clips seem to locate on the lip between rough and smooth.

non sport
looks really good liam, still no word from fuckin courier regrdin bumper tho!!il keep annoying him tho!!

G51 BEN
Looks good that mate, last time I saw it though it didnt have the sport bumper on the front.

Im after a front sport bumper at the moment.... Getting an RS steering wheel too.

Who knows, I may even join the rep club and get full interior and rear bumper :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Looks good that mate, last time I saw it though it didnt have the sport bumper on the front.

Im after a front sport bumper at the moment.... Getting an RS steering wheel too.

Who knows, I may even join the rep club and get full interior and rear bumper :)

Yeah when we were at the Beacons Fell meet I had only the rear bumper on, come a long way since then :)

Come and join the crew mate ;)

Tiger seal.

25 mm spacers should have the wheels out nicely too.

Looks like the way forward ;)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I've not had time to make any major developments on the car lately but I got my ar$e in gear and have got back on track, the car is almost complete now and just needs a few minor things.

I bought some headlight washers with the nuts from Renault and fitted them, I think they look better than the gromits to be honest haha :)

051.gif

050.gif

Also while I was there I changed the u-nuts & screws that hold the bumper on at the sides for more substantial 14mm bolts, washers & nuts.

I decided that I did not want to cut any corners in this project so I knew that I had to buy the sport arch liners front & back, this was a 45 min job to change all 6 over but was VERY messy as you can probably imagine :(
Unfortunately however, I didn't have the torx screws & bolts necessary so ordered some from Renault which have cost over £20 for 5 screws & u-nuts!!!!!

053.gif

On the way home today (due to not being screwed on properly) I went over a pothole and the N/S front (front) arch liner came loose & dragged on the road, this has damaged it quite severely and I won't be happy until I replace it so I'll have to fork out more money to replace that!

As a temporary fix I've had to cable tie the liner to the front bumper so that it doesn't fall down, I could cut the end off to hide it but for it's sheer comedy value I've left it on full view :cool:

054.gif

On the upside...
I've booked my car into Renault on Monday for the side skirt clips to be professionally rivvetted on & the skirts to be attached properly, I could have done this myself but after thinking about it I didn't want to make a mistake so I'm having to fork out £120 + for them to do it for me :(

Plus today I have bought some coilovers, I'm not going to be putting the car low, but wanted a nice complete suspension upgrade and saw a good deal so jumped at the chance :)

I also need to give it a major detail (when the weather is nice), fix my leaking sunroof (possibly changing the roof lining) & fit my cup splitter.

I'll post up pics as of monday and when the coilies are setup :)

Thanks for reading
Liam

Last edited:

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
getting spacers for the front? i used 25mm ones on ym old replica, and i got the bodyshop just to rivet the sideskirts on

Fabia VRS Special Ed
looks great that, looked amazing when i came rounf the other week to get the wing

Cheers dude, there'll be a text coming your way regarding the coilies :)

getting spacers for the front? i used 25mm ones on ym old replica, and i got the bodyshop just to rivet the sideskirts on

Yeah that'll probably be the final thing, I'll be getting some on the back too probably about 10/15mm.

I'll be painting my calipers again too as they were done about 6 months ago and want to keep them fresh :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
*** UPDATE ***

A few weeks ago I purchased some KW Ultimate coilovers for the rep, had a bit of a problem fitting them due to one thing or another, but this weekend I managed to fit them properly.
The car handles 100x better with these on, it really is scary the difference that they make!

I knew I needed some spacers to prevent the tyres scrubbing on the coils, so I looked at my options and opted for some Eibach 15mm hubcentric spacers to push the wheels out, this means that the wheels fill the flared arches much better than before as the non sport axle is much thinner than the sport's. These set me back quite a lot of money but I didn't want to waste my money on poor ones.

062.gif

Here are a few pics of the fitting process, firstly I took them apart completely, cleaned everything up (especially the thread so it would be easier to adjust the height in future) and fitted them to the car:

059.gif

061.gif

060.gif

Assembled:

064.gif

Fitted:

066.gif

067.gif

068.gif

069.gif

070.gif

071.gif

----------------------------------------------

All that remains is:

- Fix sunroof leak :(
- Major detailing session.
- Fit replacement arch liner on front as one of mine snapped.
- Retrim A pillars, roof lining & gear gaitor in alacantara.
- Silvervisions.
- Fit induction setup.

FN2 Type R GT
carbon splitter would finish the front off nicely, and obviously silvervisions...would i hadnt crashed my black one, much prefer black to my colour..

Monaco
All that remains is:

- Fix sunroof leak :(
- Major detailing session.
- Fit replacement arch liner on front as one of mine snapped.
- Retrim A pillars, roof lining & gear gaitor in alacantara.
- Silvervisions.
- Fit induction setup.

Get this done mate! Time consuming but a blind-floded monkey could do it. Cost me £3.99 worth of front door seal strip from B&Q and a day of my time.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
carbon splitter would finish the front off nicely, and obviously silvervisions...would i hadnt crashed my black one, much prefer black to my colour..

Got a cup splitter in the garage mate, it should be goin on tomorrow :)

Get this done mate! Time consuming but a blind-floded monkey could do it. Cost me £3.99 worth of front door seal strip from B&Q and a day of my time.

I'll probably do this tomorrow too, does it look good though?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
it looks odd in the first pic either the front needs dropped or the rear raised. other than that looking good...

Fabia VRS Special Ed
it looks odd in the first pic either the front needs dropped or the rear raised. other than that looking good...

Cheers matey, the car is perfectly level, but the front sits higher than the back, I'm going to put the back a little higher but it will be nose heavy :(

Awesome thread, car is looking great. Top work fella.

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments a lot :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
*** SMALL UPDATE ***

This morning I woke up to find that my sunroof had leaked yet again, so thought I'd better sort it.

Went to B&Q and bought some "All purpose sillicone" to fix the seal, I took everything off the car and while it was off gave it a good clean with white spirits & back to black.
Sealed it all properly and refitted the sunroof, after about 10 mins of finishing the job it started to rain, thunder & lightning haha! Anyway I'm glad to say that the new seal has stopped the leak so I'm very happy :)

I know these aren't the most exciting pics ever, but I always take pics on each update no matter how big or small:

002-3.gif

003-2.gif

004-3.gif

001-2.gif

007-1.gif

009.gif

This wasn't the most exciting job on the car, but at least I can tick it off the list :)

I'm about to order the last few LEDs to finish the climate control unit.

Thanks for reading
Liam

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Take it you found it easy to sort the sunroof lol

Piece of p*ss mate, took me no more than 2 hrs (the vast majority of time was taken up cleaning the bits up).

I want this car! How much? ;)

Haha! I suppose I'd swap for the vee if you're insisting!

Can't wait to see how your's comes along...The detailing session you did made the car look so much better, I definately need to do mine this week.

I tell you what though, if I found a MK1 Golf GTI tomorrow, the rep would be gone!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
** UPDATE **

I know I've not done many updates on this as of late, but over the last week I've done a bit of refurbishing.

I knew that I needed to make my brakes look a little better as I hammerited them yellow last year, but they had faded and started to flake.

I didn't want to just paint over them as I knew the finish would be poor, so I decided to do a complete refurb.

I went onto BiggRed Calipers' website and ordered myself a seal kit, this cost me £21 delivered but I didn't want to cut any corners.
These came within a couple of days and I was made up with them.

I then went out and bought some etch primer, primer, paint & heat resistant lacquer.

I was on the lookout for some calipers that i could run on while I was refurbing my own, I spoke to Rob (ROB91) a few weeks ago and he told me that he was doing the conversion, so I asked whether I could buy his calipers when he changed to the 172 widetrack, so we agreed on a price :)
When I got them from him last week, I saw that they were in beter condition than mine, so I decided to refurb them and swap them straight over at the end.

Here's some of the process:

First of all I stripped them, I took out the pistons and masked every necessary bit up.

Post-shotblast:
DSC_0162.gif

DSC_0161.gif

Etch primed:
DSC_0163-1.gif

DSC_0165.gif

DSC_0167.gif

Primed:
DSC_0168.gif

DSC_0169.gif

Painted:
DSC_0170.gif

DSC_0171.gif

DSC_0173.gif

Obviously lacquer followed :)

I then put the pistons, seals etc on so that they were ready to be put on the car.

DSC_0174-1.gif

DSC_0179.gif

DSC_0180-1.gif

Next came the changeover...

Here's what they looked like:
DSC_0181.gif

DSC_0182.gif

I decided to do them one at a time, so I jacked up the car and got the bucket ready for the fluid.
DSC_0183.gif

Took off the caliper and greased up the necessary parts to put them onto the car:
DSC_0184.gif

DSC_0185.gif

Pads in:
DSC_0186.gif

DSC_0187.gif

Wheels back on, just need to give them a clean as I got a bit of grease onto them :(

DSC_0188.gif

DSC_0189.gif

DSC_0190.gif

They will look miles better with my cup alloys back on after winter.
C&C welcome :)
Thanks for reading.