ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport.net seat covers.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Received mine today and fitted it to the car.

IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2037.jpg

I've only been for two short drives in the car and both times it has came off when I was getting out and I'm not a large guy. Am I missing something or are they really that loose a fit? I'm going to have to stitch some elastic to the back of it to hold the lower section to the seat.

RS Clio 200
I’m never sure why people need these things? Just don’t wear dirty clothes in the car, it’s never something that has ever been an issue in my cars.

I really don’t know why people want to cover a lovely interior with a black sack...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I’m never sure why people need these things? Just don’t wear dirty clothes in the car, it’s never something that has ever been an issue in my cars.

I really don’t know why people want to cover a lovely interior with a black sack...

It was more to stop the seat getting wrecked as it’s in surprisingly good condition.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Yours mrs doesn't seem to mind a black sack in her car

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah not really getting the seat cover wearers, I appreciate the reason why though.

You just purchase a lovely new seat, then buy a seat cover not to wreck it and make it look s**t.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Jesus, wasn’t expecting flak for trying not to get my seats bogging every time I hop in and out in my grubby clothes.

It won’t be on all the time... in fact, it’s such a bad/loose fit that I doubt it will stay on even if I wanted it to.

RS Clio 200
Apologies, wasn’t meant to be giving you flak!

Just curious as to why the need for them. Crikey I even avoid eating in the car where possible to make sure of no spillages! And I absolutely refuse to sit in the car in anything other than clean clothes!

If you can’t avoid this then I suppose they are a necessary fix. I just don’t like the look.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
@Brian will be able to advise better, but I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be a loose fit as they are a universal cover. They are not supposed to be a fitted seat cover for permanent fitment, but are a protective cover for use while doing maintenance jobs etc.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Apologies, wasn’t meant to be giving you flak!

Just curious as to why the need for them. Crikey I even avoid eating in the car where possible to make sure of no spillages! And I absolutely refuse to sit in the car in anything other than clean clothes!

If you can’t avoid this then I suppose they are a necessary fix. I just don’t like the look.

I bought this 172 as a cheap runabout, something I didn't have to care about but I promptly fell for it. I still need to use it as a daily driver but I'm slowly trying to bring it back to a presentable state and I've spent far too much on it already. The car has 123k on it but the driver's seat is in great condition, I usually fire a cheap cover on any fabric seats to prevent them getting stained with oil. Prevention is usually easier than trying to cure it.

@Brian will be able to advise better, but I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be a loose fit as they are a universal cover. They are not supposed to be a fitted seat cover for permanent fitment, but are a protective cover for use while doing maintenance jobs etc.

Ah. I've had about a dozen seat covers in the past and this would be the first one I've had without some way to keep it affixed to the seat.

It's not really an issue, I just though it may have been a manufacturing defect. I'll stitch a strip of elastic to it and that will sort it out.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

@Simon998

As Nik says, they unfortunately aren't a custom fit and aren't designed for permanent fitment.
They are more suited for occasional use and can be fitted to almost any type/make of seat.
I've used these in my original 2003 172, 2009 200 (Recaro's) and 2017 Clio 220 standard seats, with no problem.
If you are still having issues and can't live with it, you are welcome to return it (in original condition) for a refund.

Hope that helps

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Ah, I see. I like the design I just wish it was less of a sack. For the price it's hardly worth getting bothered about. I'm sure I'll find a purpose for it.

Thanks for the offer of a refund though.

197 cliosport
I have a cheepoo set of covers for my seats, couldnt afford the Renault ones.. Like you I sometimes have to use my car when I have dirty clothes on, they are great for that. They do slip and slide when you get out but at least they stop the seats getting crap all over them. Once I get out I remove them, fold them up and put them in the back behind the seat ready for the next time I have dirty clothes on.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I must admit I have used seat covers for years! I do tend to take them on and off and use them more on fabric seats than leather(although I still do at times).

When I have been rolling around on the floor doing various jobs or trained and not had a shower(due to driving home to have one!) They are really handy. Just saves getting unnecessary dirt or oil on them and then having to try and get it off.

I do appriciate that some people don't jump in and out of their cars when dirty and won't need to cover them with plastic.