ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio's the new saxo??

clio 182 sport
If this has already been covered Sozza

I got my clio sport a year ago because there were only probabley 2 (maybe a couple more ) floating around where i live, Now there like acne im seein alot more where i live, I think it must be due to the value of them droppin so much in the last year you can now pick them up for next to nothing.

I would have thought tho more of the ASBO kids would have prefferd the lairy CTR with a jap can hanging out the back, instead of the subtle clio .......

Your thoughts on this ...... clio 182/172 the new saxo, must have car??

German V6
you can easily pick up a sport for >£2000 few months work and the majority of people could buy one and if its young kids, maybe they're fronting?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Once cars drop into the sub 1500 quid area they become fair game, i dont think its just sport clios though look at mk4 golfs and so oon. Type-Rs havent yet hit that bracket

I see a fair few sports pop up round my area for a few weeks then disappear. I put it down to servicing costs and insurance

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I find here there are the more entusiast type cars that you recognise, then the odd ragged example pops up with usual chav mods. There was a monaco 172 I kept seeing being ragged around here late at night with silly exhausts then it disappeared, and good riddance too frankly.
I dont think the cars last too long, theres a silver EP3 round here that looks fucked now dents all over, slammed to ground etc incidentally the owner of which thinks its cool to do 80+ in a residential area round here, and often throws it into first after a 90 degree bend to let it bounce off the limiter. That car cant be very long for this world.

SQ5
Luckily, we haven't seen too many yet. Most are owned by 30 year olds so all standard and sensible.

A few chavs have had them and then got rid because they were a "crap" car. How anyone can say that is beyond me so I put it down to running costs as insurance is still a lot!

Even when we did have an influx it was mostly friends if mine and they were kept relatively standard and looking nice and driven nicely.

Clio tce
It's not in the vts bracket imo.

This included vtr, xsi and vts, gti. The valvers will remain a classic car and the 8v a great budget alternative.

Imo Clio is more of an alternative to but not as good as. The 5 turbo was a classic like the gti. The Clio sport isn't there imo.

Megane r26
Tbh I aint that bothered if the "chavs" do take a shining to them, means there could be some cheap "track car donors". At the end of the day I am really not fussed what people think of my car or what image comes with it as I enjoy it, which I think is the most important thing! I can't see it lasting long though as mentioned the maintenance costs can soon creap up on these little rs's

But I can't say I've really seen many round here

S4 Avant
Tbh I aint that bothered if the "chavs" do take a shining to them, means there could be some cheap "track car donors". At the end of the day I am really not fussed what people think of my car or what image comes with it as I enjoy it, which I think is the most important thing! I can't see it lasting long though as mentioned the maintenance costs can soon creap up on these little rs's

But I can't say I've really seen many round here

Tracky bottoms are really comfortable to wear and I enjoy them, but I don't wear them out in public because I look like a chav t**t.

Similar case with the Clio, I got to the point where the image became too much and I needed something respectable to drive around in.

Megane r26
Tracky bottoms are really comfortable to wear and I enjoy them, but I don't wear them out in public because I look like a chav tw*t.

Similar case with the Clio, I got to the point where the image became too much and I needed something respectable to drive around in.

Like I said though, I ain't really bothered about the so call "image" like you were. Its a car, friends, family, work collegues an proberly 90% of the nation don't give a f**k about what I drive its just a car. Then theres the small minority that do an tbh it just shows how materialistic they are.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
yup.

insurance? fronting.
servicing? who needs to service a car, rather spend money on mods
sub £2k

i noticed far more chavved up 1*2's in the NE than down here though, i put that down to insurance being too dear to even front in the NW lol.

clio 182 sport
i dont think insurance has too much to do with it now as its expencive no matter what young people drive ....... if your 17 and your insurance is goin to be 2.5k to insure a 1.3 fiesta or 3k to insure a clio 172/182 what would you pick??

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
nope wrong i think corsa's have replaced the saxo ! theres so many 1.4 1.8 sri's about slammed with silly exhausts and tinted windows lol. its the only look that works on them to be fair...

FF Racing Blue 182
im 31 in march feel like a chav with my scorpin exhaust when i need to pass a car but i really wanted the 182 and i knew the kind of people starting to get a hold of these

soon it will be back to standard when i source all the parts sometimes i wish i took the 3yr old one my partner had finance arranged on but the inferno had to pop up and i wanted it soooo much

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Theres loads in essex now and im sure its because there so cheap but there are some sheds and abused examples around here lol