ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's dead..

Yeah i know, very nasty crash. :/ I walked away with a few cuts and bruises, other guy got out with a busted leg.

Jesus mate thats a nasty crash glad to hear everybodys in relatively okay condition could have been alot worse , unfortunately accidents do happen , thats the problem with society these days its always gotta be somebodys 'fault'

Glad you are okay thats all that matters !!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
top work on the ropey engine mounts failing and releasing the beast

and glad you and the other party are okay :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch looks like that was a good whack.

Only metal at end of the day could have turned out a lot worse, I always get worried that I'll be going round a corner to meet another car always thought a 60mph collision would be certain death in a clio lol.

BG 182 FF
Closing speed I assume must have been 100mph+. I know you know it already but you really are very lucky to be alive!

I for one will use this story to show people that Clios don't just disintegrate in crashes.

Renault clio 1.2
Im fine thanks guys! Dont have any pics of the vectra, didnt think it would be appropriate whilst the fire engine were cutting the guy out for me to take pictures. Engine was in the hedge, was too dark to take pics on the night, recovery picked it up..
Apparently they are designed to break up like it did to prevent more damage, such as more weight coming into the dash of the car and then crushing driver and passengers.

PS. Any parts you fancy, look at my thread 'Clear out' selling loads of bits.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Before people start saying i must of been driving like an idiot or speeding or whatever, the police have proved that i wasn't. roads were slippery and just lost control of the car.
First off, I am glad you are okay, that's one hell of a crash.

But this is where the whole war on speed is having an adverse effect on driving. Even though you weren't speeding and breaking the law, you've said it was slippery and you lost control. So you were going too fast. But because you weren't breaking any limits the police have no problem with it.

Not having a go at you, but rather the system. It's set up to punish high speed as the only cause of accidents like this, when it isn't the case.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Gatepost accident was clearly a "too fast for the conditions"

This accident cements the theory that you drive like a plank.

I hope you learn from this

Renault clio 1.2
like i said, didnt know how bad the conditions were until it was too late..
The gatepost incident i admit i was pissing around abit. bit this one, i was not.

like i said, didnt know how bad the conditions were until it was too late..
The gatepost incident i admit i was pissing around abit. bit this one, i was not.

In fairness, and I'm sure you will agree, you lost control of your car as it was going too fast, you didn't realise this until it was too late, that's fair enough, we all have accidents.

You'll see a lot of comments like this:

This accident cements the theory that you drive like a plank.

As some people, the above being a prime example, believe they are holier than thou, and accuse you of driving stupidly, even though they were not there, and did not see the accident. And they of course never, ever drive dangerously themselves...

Clio sport 182
As some people, the above being a prime example, believe they are holier than thou, and accuse you of driving stupidly, even though they were not there, and did not see the accident. And they of course never, ever drive dangerously themselves...[/QUOTE]

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
As some people, the above being a prime example, believe they are holier than thou, and accuse you of driving stupidly, even though they were not there, and did not see the accident. And they of course never, ever drive dangerously themselves...

I dont think we needed to see the accident.... the aftermath is enough, as was his comment that it was a head on.

Yes, some of us exceed the speed limit at times, but we know the correct time and place to do it.

I dont think we needed to see the accident.... the aftermath is enough, as was his comment that it was a head on

His comment that it was a head on, and the pictures of the vehicle don't tell you that he drives like a plank.

Arguably he was going too fast, I think he has said that himself, but that does not mean he is a total idiot on the roads.

Yes, some of us exceed the speed limit at times, but we know the correct time and place to do it.

Worth pointing out, that there is never a correct time or place to break the speed limit.

I don't claim to never have sped, but I'm well aware that it's illegal, don't confuse yourself with the idea that "speeding because the road is dry and empty" makes it okay.

Clio sport 182
Clio's never fail to impress me in crashes.

Glad everybody involved got out ok.

Yeah this, it looks like the bulk head held up well and that drivers footwell looks good.
Pretty impressed with how it looks, renault arnt always the best car but their safety is pretty awesome

Clio sport 182
And about if the guy was driving inapropriately, there are 60mph limit roads in the uk and he may have been on one.
So he may well have not been speeding but just caught out by an unseen hazard. Thats all it takes.
I was doing 40mph last night down a normal 40mph road when somebody parked on the left facing the way of the traffic decided to do a u turn with no indication or lights or warnings or life saver checks, luckily i missed him by a c**t hair, that close that we both sat at the side of the road for two minutes until our hearts had jump back down our throats. If id of hit him it would of been a mess. A mistake, but no one was speeding or all out being a royal t**t. Were human and mistakes happen.

His comment that it was a head on, and the pictures of the vehicle don't tell you that he drives like a plank.

Arguably he was going too fast, I think he has said that himself, but that does not mean he is a total idiot on the roads.

Worth pointing out, that there is never a correct time or place to break the speed limit.

I don't claim to never have sped, but I'm well aware that it's illegal, don't confuse yourself with the idea that "speeding because the road is dry and empty" makes it okay.

How Illegal is speeding?

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
When I saw the pictures I figured you'd removed the engine afterwards! First I've ever heard of it leaving the car! Fantastic effort! Glad your okay!