ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio williams (original) power stearing fault.

renult clio williams
Please be gentle new to this forum stuff :)

last weeki bought an original Williams in fairly good condition one thing i did notice on way home was occasionally when turning hard corners the power steering would cut out as if there was no oil in it once i got home i opened the bonnet and noticed that some oil had been pushed out the breather hole of the reservoir bottle the occasional noise i don't mind i just don't like the mess i have a receipt fora new steering rack that it had a year ago but i was thinking pump ? but thought id see if anyone has any other ideas on here as its the first non jap car ive bought and not got much experience with them.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
They all piss oil out the cap, you can put a brass fitting in the top of the cap and attach a pipe for it to spill out onto the floor instead of all over your engine bay. The pumps on them are normally always dodgy, put some Wynn's PAS stop leak treatment in or Slick 50 power steering fluid and that should sort the issue with the pump.

renult clio williams
Ok thanks think ill have a play and see if i can fit an alloy catch tank in there somewhere then if i can find some room . Thanks Again.