ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams 1 Rear Ride Height Problem

Clio 182
This is probably a common issue but tried searching forum and not found what I need. I have a Williams Clio 1 -2.0 with uneven ride height at rear, can someone advise two things please 1) Standard Ride Height, 2) How to adjust it?

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Its a torsion bar. You need to remove the torsion bar with both wheels in the air and then get both rear wheels the same distance from the same point on the arch. You should be able to find some decent instructions on the web if you google it, might not be for a willy but they are all roughly the same idea.

As for standard height when I raised my old one up (because the previous owner had slammed it into the deck) from memory I just dropped the rear axle as far down as I could get it with the shocks attached.

Good luck!

Big rubber bush collapsed on mine there is one each end. Behind where the torsion bar pulls out.

Renault never done these bushes seperat as it was an intergrated part of the rear beam.

So i changed the whole beam.!!