ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Weight

Clio 172
Alright fellas,

Just wondering if anybody has had there stripped out Clio 172 weighed?? as im trying to get a rough idea what our track Clio would weigh with the maximum weight for towing including the towing vehicle being 3.5T on our licenses. Looking to tow the car with a dolly. Any knowledge on this area would be appreciated

Cheers :approve:

Last edited:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Pmsl, im about to post up in my thread about it. Got it back today, lets just say it was less than Barrons ;)

wanna compare c**k sizes while were at it, jeeeeeeeeeeeez

its not a competition you know, always on the offence against me jay...shush.

carl

925kgs is very low :eek:

i weighed 2 clio's last week,

1st a ph1 172 fully stripped with a fibreglass dashboard, no heater,no air con pipes or rad just compressor in place, 2 corbeau seats on side mounts and a full safety devices cage, carbon bonnet, 981kg's

2nd was my trophy, fully stripped, no dashboard and 1 corba pro evo seat on side mounts, msv 1/2 cage 983kg's

looking at the ph1's weight of 981kg's, i doubt there's much more than 10kgs left too take out of that before you need to lighten panels,windows etc

If you have got it as low as 925kg's well done, what's the spec?

Chris

172 Race Car
Thought I was being helpfull telling you how much he cage weighs, seeing as I had one and weiged it

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
925kgs is very low :eek:

i weighed 2 clio's last week,

1st a ph1 172 fully stripped with a fibreglass dashboard, no heater,no air con pipes or rad just compressor in place, 2 corbeau seats on side mounts and a full safety devices cage, carbon bonnet, 981kg's

2nd was my trophy, fully stripped, no dashboard and 1 corba pro evo seat on side mounts, msv 1/2 cage 983kg's

looking at the ph1's weight of 981kg's, i doubt there's much more than 10kgs left too take out of that before you need to lighten panels,windows etc

If you have got it as low as 925kg's well done, what's the spec?

Chris

the car was corner weight with a full tank and deducted the weight of a full tank

3mm thick polycarb windows all round
aircon removed
sound proof removed
bucket seats (sliding frames)
ph2 dash with no internal
airbags all gone
aluminium front door cards
no rear cards
wiper removed
alloy bonnet

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Thought I was being helpfull telling you how much he cage weighs, seeing as I had one and weiged it

aye it is mate, think it must be the way you word it...always seem like your on the offense. I apologise if you werent.

carl

the car was corner weight with a full tank and deducted the weight of a full tank

3mm thick polycarb windows all round
aircon removed
sound proof removed
bucket seats (sliding frames)
ph2 dash with no internal
airbags all gone
aluminium front door cards
no rear cards
wiper removed
alloy bonnet

Out of interest how much did you deduct for the full tank?
both the above cars were circa 1/2 tank, nothing deducted

925kg's is a good weight ;) (no cage though?)

i just need to get round to removing the aircon stuff our of mine, there must be 15kg's to save between the compressor, fluid, pipework, radiator etc. but then i'll be adding a full cage as soon as i get round too it, so all thnks considered, it will probably still weigh circa 480kg's with the full cage and 1/2 tank.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Out of interest how much did you deduct for the full tank?
both the above cars were circa 1/2 tank, nothing deducted

925kg's is a good weight ;) (no cage though?)

i just need to get round to removing the aircon stuff our of mine, there must be 15kg's to save between the compressor, fluid, pipework, radiator etc. but then i'll be adding a full cage as soon as i get round too it, so all thnks considered, it will probably still weigh circa 480kg's with the full cage and 1/2 tank.

na half cage mate.

50 litre tank so 50kg deducted is what i used, wrong?

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Fight like bears.....

Lady bears.

I would imagine as long as you keep the Clio below a ton you'd be ok? What you going to be towing it with? I would guess that needs to be kept low too...

My mates track car weighed 900kg-ish. That was with nets in the front windows and perspex in the rears though...(and only one seat).

Which reminds me, Hudson...when you on about doing ur windows?

Gem

Racing Blue 182
LOL, cool beans. Workshop is pretty much free from now, so give shout whenever.

M

mini-valver

Will do, may even get chance this weekend if youre free but I wont arrange anything becaus you know how much of a let down I am :(

na half cage mate.

50 litre tank so 50kg deducted is what i used, wrong?

Yeah just a bit over ;)

1 litre of petrol weighs 0.73722kg's (at 60 deg F)

so ignoring the chances of slight tempreture variation your 50 litres would have weighed around 37kg's (36.861kg's to be precise :rasp:)

still makes you car a shade under 940kg's which again still isn't bad, too compare the above cars would have weighed around 962kgs/964kgs using the no fuel weight.

Chris

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Yeah just a bit over ;)

1 litre of petrol weighs 0.73722kg's (at 60 deg F)

so ignoring the chances of slight tempreture variation your 50 litres would have weighed around 37kg's (36.861kg's to be precise :rasp:)

still makes you car a shade under 940kg's which again still isn't bad.

Chris

LOL ok i fail xD

pics:
IMG_0126.jpg

2974512688_22d5c28e32_b.jpg

now got a Cobra Evolution for driver seat

Clio 172
From reading the handbook it says the car weighs in at 1035KGs. The car has had all the rear stripped out, 2 buckets in the front and steering replaced with lightweight sparco, so not really extreme stripping, but would like to think its somewhere under a tonne.
We will be pulling it with Volvo XC90 (2.135KG) for convience. So it looking like we will be right on the limit by the time we load up and hitch the dolly up

Gem

Racing Blue 182
In all fairness, if you get stopped....do the police carry giant weighing scales?

Exactly.

M

mini-valver

A bloke I know got 6 points and a £300 fine for having his pickup overweight!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
True....they usually only spot when you're WAY over though...? Maybe Im being naive but if he's on the limit it might be worth risking?

Personally I'd look into what could be done to my liscense to tow more though....

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I'm glad dash is going back in....think they look fecking pikey when left out. Turner left his out on mkI Astra.

Dash flocked?

Gem

Racing Blue 182
More expensive than whats already been ploughed into the car?

You know I have a point ;)

Clio 172
Its the expense of the trailer ontop, a dolly seems alot cheaper option and save all the hassle of going through test, thats what im thinking. Have a mate whos retaking his test. (suppose to rock hard!):S