ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Washer bottle pump

Dci 100
are the little electic pumps in the screenwash water bottle the same in all ph2 clios, I need a new one, for my ph2 172

anyone got a part number or more info?

cheers
Matt.

I think there all the same.

The ones for the zeons I think are different not sure though Halfords sell replacment stuff I think not sure if its the right size it looks it.

Dci 100
you'll have a laugh changing it!!!

i think its specific to the 172 due to the headlights

i thought i might, had a look the other night, why do they have to make it so hard to do! they must think there really funny wedging everything in, you need tiny hands to reach into the stupid spaces they leave for access

is it easier to remove the whole bottle, or will i be able to remove enough of the car that surrounds it to get close enough to it?

Lionel Richie
entire bottle has to some out

but you have to take the wipers and the wiper arms/motor out the way

Dci 100
:dapprove: no way, just to change a poxy motor for my window squirties! what a ball ache

is removing all that crap fairly straight forward...i guess not with it being renault??

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Dead simple, but put some plus-gas on the wiper arm nuts 24 hrs before you start.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I think Halfords keep a selection, its more a case of if they have stock.

The one motor does front and rear screens, it simply reverses for the rear screen.

The impeller blades are prone to breaking off, but sometimes its just the little filters that get blocked.

Worth checking before you spend any money.

Dci 100
thanks Brian, I'll check it out, its wierd it just suddenly stopped working, theres no sound or anything from the pump at all.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I presume nothing else has stopped working.

It could be the impeller is jammed with some crystallised washer fluid, you might be lucky and be able to clean it out they just pull apart.

As you have to remove it anyway, its worth checking before replacing, you can always pop the panel and wipers back for a trip to town.

I think a replacement is about £19.

Dci 100
everything else is still working fine, I'll try taking the motor apart and see how it goes before i splash out on a new one

thanks mate :cool:

Dci 100
just got a new one today, ended up getting it from a pug dealer, its exactly the same part but £12 instead of £18!!