ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs. New Clio

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
I have just been looking here --> http://www.renaultuk.co.uk/Index.aspx

Basically comparing the Clio, Extreme 4 to the NEW Clio Extreme. Me thinking that the NEW Clio would cost more, but I was wrong.

My Clio, Extreme 4, 1.2 16v = CASH PRICE £8,950
NEW Clio, Extreme, 1.2 16v = CASH PRICE £8,895

Basically £100 cheaper that the model I have got. Considering it's a new shape/model wouldn't you think that Renault would price it a bit more?

Renault ChaVio
That seems really odd? You'd think the old car would be at a knock down price? Surely that must be a mistake as no one in their right mind will buy the old model for even the same money let alone more. Would of thought the 'old' unregistered cars would be available as bargains if you speak to a dealer?

For what it is worth I think the new car looks really bad. A poor piece of car design by anyone's standards let alone Renault who really should know better.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Well I prefer the Clio I have got. I did think about swapping it for the new Clio when it came out. But I have kinda grown attached to my Clio, so she is her to stay. Plus I have spent, spent and bloody SPENT on her. It's like having a misses, fat chance of that happening tho... :D

S

swisstom182

There was a big customer saving on extreme 4, we was able to sell them for £6295 OTR. The only problem when people from old 1.2 16v change to a new one is that performance on New Clio 1.2 is well down because of the extra weight, to get the same you need to opt for the New 1.4 16v 98bhp.

Arctic bl. 182 & pac
ant_v6 said:
For what it is worth I think the new car looks really bad. A poor piece of car design by anyone's standards let alone Renault who really should know better.

I agree about the looks of the new one. Don't like it at all. On the other hand, since it is the "Car of the year 2006" I could argue it as a solid desing othervise.

Clio 197
Don't forget:

New dynamique: Aircon is an option.

So I suppose it all needs to be looked-at in careful detail....

...plus they're more likely to get close to full RRP on a new model.

Trophy 265/500
Yup, 2 factors here. First, despite the list price, you'll be able to get a significant discount on the Mk II. Second, the Mk III is much heavier, and you would need to be looking a a 1.4 for the same performance. I personally think the Mk III looks like any other Euro hatch and is indistinguishable from a 206. It is nicer inside and is more solid, but overall I think it's moved too far away from the idea of a fun affordable little hatch.

R.I.P 182
im not sure if i like the new Clio.. on the front page from the side it looks like a 206 a bit.. The front doesnt look angry enough for me! ( love the valver bad boy bonnet!!) But dont think id get one of these :(

Nippy white cup
I saw a blue one in Darwen on Sunday...colour coded etc....I didn`t like them in the pics but it didn`t look too bad in the metal..maybe it was the kit it had on

Chris