ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio vs leon

clio sport ph 1
Hi , I bought myself a leon 1.8 20vt .
But miss my loud, little, raw clio , the ride was dreadfull for everday stuf( coilovers , exhaust etc ........)
The leon just is slow (I think they have 180 horsepower) , feels like my work van .
Anybody on here has a 1.8 T ?? Is this normal??

Clio 182
I've had both the Leon Cupra r and a 182.

They are completely different cars. Ones refined and smooth.
The other is rough and fun.
Needless to say the Leon went and the 182 stayed.

RB Clio 182
clio ftw, if ford made this car it would be a classic and worth 10k plus imo, but no, its french with a renault badge, therefore its classed as s**t!

clio sport ph 1
I still have my baby in the garage :eek: . ( It's a disorder just about everything is replaced ) But I can't afford to run 2 cars . The leon is on vialle lpi .
I'm stuck with the leon .
And last but not least I look normal with the leon ;)(But it's boring as f**k.)

320d
clio ftw, if ford made this car it would be a classic and worth 10k plus imo, but no, its french with a renault badge, therefore its classed as s**t!

If it was a Ford it would be worth 10k plus... Come on mate, really?

Where is a Renaultsport Clio classed as s**t anyway? It is one of the most respected brands of hot hatches.

clio sport ph 1
Boost also back's off from 5000rpm to 7000rpm .:dapprove:.(It's 100% Original)
I like reving the s**t off the clio 5000-8000 where it's at in clio world .:eek:

320d
Handling > leon Turbo's are overrated

Again, plenty of cars handle well that aren't a Clio.

Clios are good cars, I've had three. There are loads of other good options out there though. This forum is full of people who think Clio's are the best car in the world, or they're completely s**t.

TT 225+
I have a mapped 225, around 260 bhp. Boost>all. I can waft along in 6th, overtake everything pretty easily. And my ears are massaged by Bose.

RS6 C7
Get in a clio do 50 MPH on a country road and it feels epic fun!

Although the Leon is probably as fast it will never feel it as german cars feel too well put together. You have to be going massively faster to get the same enjoyment.

Clio 182
Get in a clio do 50 MPH on a country road and it feels epic fun!

Although the Leon is probably as fast it will never feel it as german cars feel too well put together. You have to be going massively faster to get the same enjoyment.

​Exactly that. :)

RB Clio 182
So if 182's had a Ford Badge on they would all be worth £10k + You're mental.

I know

angry_face.jpg

Can i ask you why the ford focus mk1 rs still goes for 10k plus?

Astra GSI, Clio 172
My mate has the 220 bhp cupra r ?(stage 1) and tbh theres nothing in mine and his. But the tuning capability is defiantly to the leon's favour once he gets his boost pipes hes looking at around 270bhp with alot torque with a stage 2 map

L-Y Clio 197 F1
i miss my boost :< hitting the rev limit is huge fun no doubt - but in the real world, we only really go fast in straight lines. I'm not dumb/brave enough to hit the rev limit in the twisties because I don't fancy dying any time soon. Just wish 8k rpm meant I was going as fast as the guy with the big turbo, which it never is. if only I had £4k for a meg conversion... just like the 197 f1 styling too much to sell it!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Boost and comfort > no boost and no comfort.

When i drive my 172 after driving the R26 it feels like im going back in time!

clio sport ph 1
When I get the leon sorted ( I killed the windscreen behind a truck, bald front tyres :eek:, play in steering ) , I will remap it.

Can you map them to make more boost in the higher rev range ?? Or is the turbo simply to small??

clio sport ph 1
Oh and I think my purple lpi injecters are on the max safe duty cycle :S . At about 50 hp per cylinder .
I can turn pump pressure up (but the pomps aren't the best from vialle )

Is a map worth the money because at the moment cash fund's are very limited ( house)
The leon is used as my moving van . ( I does pull trailers very well !)

When I get the leon sorted ( I killed the windscreen behind a truck, bald front tyres :eek:, play in steering ) , I will remap it.

Can you map them to make more boost in the higher rev range ?? Or is the turbo simply to small??

The k03s is very limited on its output, 230bhp ish with an FMIC and decent turbo back exhaust. Or go k04, but you need to be careful of the rods after 260.