ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio vs corsa

black clio rti mk1 phs3
o.k guys now i dont wanna start a big argument but... a mate of mine reckons his corsa 1.2 16v with full (ott) combat body kit :dead: is faster than a 1.2 8v clio standard :D !! i defended the clio obviously but whats the stats? top speed / accel / handling / looks and of course n'e of ur own xperiances ;) cheers

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
careful at the sort of speeds you will be testing the performance on, you might get up to 30 perhaps 40 mph!

black clio rti mk1 phs3
I'll solve it both for you. SLOW AS YOU LIKE!

Yeah obviously!! but as said my mate was really puttin the boot in about clio's in general n i got pissed at him :mad: !! c it didnt occur to him that ive trounced him many a times in my car but he chosed 2 ignore that

133/225/CLS AMG
To be honest, a 1.2 8v will have about 65bhp, a 1.2 16v would probably have 70-75bhp I'd imagine.
On the road with such a small engine you'd hardly notice a difference but if he's put big wheels on his to fill his spanking bodykit then that might slow it down!!

A lot of people on here won't see the point of arguing it though, would be like two women arguing whose t!ts are bigger, when one is a 32A and the other a 34A!!!! lol

Chocolate Bar™
lmao as above, maybe if they're both chucked off a cliff ;)

The corsa will win hands down, with it having 16v's it'll have that extra kick at higher revs, as well as the added bhp etc.

your car has 60bhp and 68lb/ft torque, 0-60 in 15 secs, top speed of 98mph
corsa has - 80bhp 81 lb/ft torque, 0-60 in 11.8 secs and top speed of 109mph

Chocolate Bar™
btw, those figures are on new cars so yours wiill prob be slower than that, and if his is an older corsa his will prob be about 5bhp down as well

Vectra :(
I have a 1.2 corsa (53 reg) and its quite nippy for what it is. Would have off a 1.2 8v i reckon.

I managed to keep up with my sister in her 1.4 clio dynamique although she was clearly faster wasnt a lot in it

I reckon your mate is right and would be faster however probably wouldnt notice too much on the road. The corsa does seem to have good gearing upto 60-70mph.

Never driven a 1.2 clio so couldnt comment. His bodykit probably slows him down tho

FOR SALE!!!
my mate before he died had a corsa sxi 1.2 16v and he beat my clio 1.2 8v was even till third gear then he would pull away a bit the clio will keep up but the corsa will be ahead

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Corsa will be quicker mate.

My mrs was buying her Corsa C 1.2 16v SXI 75bhp a couple of years ago, we took out a 1.2 16v Clio 54 plate and it felt so much slower, probably down to the gearing.

I think the clio was a second slower to 60, but definatley didn't pull as well as the corsa.

ph quick
Find out by having a race!

Clio 172/182s arent that quick either... So i dont know why they are all taking the piss

^^^^^ Who is taking the p*ss?

Also i think you will find a 172/182 is quite quick generally speaking.

Well done for making your 1st post a pointless one tho ;) :star:

I would say the gap between a 1.2 clio/corsa and a 172 would be a bigger gap in performance 0-60 than say a 172 and a 5sec to 60 supercar

7ish seconds compared to 3 seconds really or something there abouts.

This thread wasnt intended to question how quick a 172 was.

I just didnt see you point in mentioning it tbh

1.2 Clios have the same top speed as a 182, so you should have the edge over 130-135

No chance, top speed is about 106mph isnt it!

LOL sorry, it was a piss take of an earlier thread where some techno leper claimed that gearing is all that matters, and that given a long enough road, a 1.2 can max out the gearing and match a 182s pace. Do a search, it was comedy gold. Should be a sticky IMO :D

Leon Cupra R 225
haha ^ I remember that thread Roy, total joker he was... pure comedy brilliance I agree... :)

on the thread topic the corsa would win against an 8v 1.2

haha ^ I remember that thread Roy, total joker he was... pure comedy brilliance I agree... :)

In some ways the pwnage was too easy to administer, but you have to strike while irons hot I guess. There was a pretty sick amount of ownage going on in that thread. It should be archived really.

ph quick

In some ways the pwnage was too easy to administer, but you have to strike while irons hot I guess. There was a pretty sick amount of ownage going on in that thread. It should be archived really.

Can you explain what the term ownage means please?

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
i dont belive they make a corsa thats faster than a v6. Actually they dont make one thats faster than a valver. The only corsa worth compairing is a 1.8 sri and from factory they aint as fast ;)

You need to put the back seats down.

Lower the centre of gravity and you'll be miles in front of that pesky Corsa...

V6 hopefully
o.k guys now i dont wanna start a big argument but... a mate of mine reckons his corsa 1.2 16v with full (ott) combat body kit :dead: is faster than a 1.2 8v clio standard :D !! i defended the clio obviously but whats the stats? top speed / accel / handling / looks and of course n'e of ur own xperiances ;) cheers

why even bother bud.both 0-60 in about a day. 1.2 corsa/clio= hairdryer