ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs Audi R8

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A long time ago their were a group of French tuners that filmed street racing like this. They had a turbocharged Clio 16v that was exceptionally quick and passing much more prestige cars.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
A long time ago their were a group of French tuners that filmed street racing like this. They had a turbocharged Clio 16v that was exceptionally quick and passing much more prestige cars.
Got any links?

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
It's my video, my Clio 16v. Hardly going to be a great quality video from an iPhone.

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
The Clio is a Clio, the Audi R8 is not a potato.

and what's your point? This is a passion which most people on this site like. In my case I've built a car so I can have fun down the quarter mile.. and it just happens to be faster than a friends R8 V10 which most normal people would consider 'cool'.

I think it's hilarious that people squeeze R8 performance into a clio to be honest. What's not to like?

Thanks.

I didn't bother watching the video as the embedded video wasn't working, just assumed it was some chav trying to race an R8 and getting wrecked (the normal case, like the Clio vs Astra, and that kind of crap).

Now I've actually watched it I'm impressed, but the video itself is still poor quality :p

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
I didn't bother watching the video as the embedded video wasn't working, just assumed it was some chav trying to race an R8 and getting wrecked (the normal case, like the Clio vs Astra, and that kind of crap).

Now I've actually watched it I'm impressed, but the video itself is still poor quality :tongueout:

Cheers, yeah I blame youtube for compressing it :p

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
In a nut shell:
GT2860rs, wossner forged pistons and rods - circa 300bhp
6 speed 02m VW box with quaife diff.

Awesome! The box is on my wish list :)
I've just had another map so will no doubt be going through JC5's quicker!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Speed isnt everything, Lol which one will get more snatch? and greater admirers lol.
flol at this comment. if you need your car to get you snatch and admirers, then your either ugly as f**k, have a s**t personality or have a BO problem!! lol.

Really impressed with that clio! Good work :)

Obviously the Audi is a nicer car and place to be, but some good work had been done on that clio to make it so quick!

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
Whats the spec of your clio mate?

I find these vids a good watch tbh.
I find them interesting, knowing what a modified car is capable of etc.

Anyone can buy a fast car

It's basically fully forged, ported head & bigger inlet valves, GT2871R, 630cc injectors, Mild Kent Cams w/Piper pulleys. Adaptronic ECU mapped by Scoff with boost by gear and launch control. 373bhp :smile:

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
flol at this comment. if you need your car to get you snatch and admirers, then your either ugly as f**k, have a s**t personality or have a BO problem!! lol.

Really impressed with that clio! Good work :smile:

Obviously the Audi is a nicer car and place to be, but some good work had been done on that clio to make it so quick!

Very true and thanks. Of course I would love to own a V10 R8, beautiful car! :)

Speed isnt everything, Lol which one will get more snatch? and greater admirers lol.

Wrong. In this case it is, I specifically built this car for speed... so there ;)

Evo 5 RS
lol it looked to me like he let off when he knew he was losing. Would of pulled past eventually though.

Awesome piece of kit you've got there :)

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
lol it looked to me like he let off when he knew he was losing. Would of pulled past eventually though.
Awesome piece of kit you've got there :smile:

Thanks, yeah does look that way but he was actually changing gear and slipped behind. He actually got further away believe it not.. up until my limiter in 5th anyway. They are only 320bhp per tonne and I'm sure a good few Clio's on here wouldn't have any trouble with that :)

Evo 5 RS
I don't disbelieve it. Even my ITB 172 when it was running a healthy 200bhp used to keep up with my bosses heavy bloated C4S up to a fair speed.

Note keep up, not obliterate, which is practically what happened in your video :p

Whats the spec of your clio mate?

I find these vids a good watch tbh.
I find them interesting, knowing what a modified car is capable of etc.

Anyone can buy a fast car
Your last point is completely null and void, as "anyone can spend money tuning their car". But agree there are benefits to both.

I, personally, would rather the Audi over a car that has been tuned to within an inch of its life, most likely stripped to aid performance and relies on said tuner/after market parts to hold up to abuse, over parts that have had £m spent in R&D.

Not taking anything away from the high power Clio's on here. Horses for courses and all that.

RB Clio 182
Your last point is completely null and void, as "anyone can spend money tuning their car". But agree there are benefits to both.

I actually tried to/thought i deleted my last comment because i thought the same as you when i reread it, im not sure what happened tbh lol.

Evo 5 RS
I wouldn't own a v10 r8 or a mk1 turbo in truth. Don't see the point in saying "the r8 is still betterer!" Well, we know.. That is what makes it all the more impressive.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
More to the point, imagine yourself buying your expensive 'fast' car to show off and get roasted by 'a little clio' just brilliant.

No one will argue the r8 isn't a very impressive car, but it's nice to put them in their box from time to time

More to the point, imagine yourself buying your expensive 'fast' car to show off and get roasted by 'a little clio' just brilliant. No one will argue the r8 isn't a very impressive car, but it's nice to put them in their box from time to time

What would you consider "putting them in their box"? I'm genuinely intrigued. The likelihood is the driver will be taking their "expensive 'fast' car" back to their expensive large house, before going on an expensive and extensive holiday to an expensive and intensive place...

I'm yanking your chain a wee bit here, but do you honestly think the R8 driver and their passenger will be that bothered by a clearly fettled Renault outdoing them down the quarter mile of a motorway by X 10ths of a second?

Listerine & Poledo
What would you consider "putting them in their box"? I'm genuinely intrigued. The likelihood is the driver will be taking their "expensive 'fast' car" back to their expensive large house, before going on an expensive and extensive holiday to an expensive and intensive place...

I'm yanking your chain a wee bit here, but do you honestly think the R8 driver and their passenger will be that bothered by a clearly fettled Renault outdoing them down the quarter mile of a motorway by X 10ths of a second?

all of that.

Aside from the sheiks, I don't recall seeing too many truly minted people going around in "modded" cars....mostly because why pour £30k into a shopping trolley, when that money would be far better used for, I dunno, paying a months' income tax? Or a weeks' holiday?

Modding....for when you cant afford to just buy a fast car in the first place

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
I agree with the last 2 comments except -

"Modding....for when you cant afford to just buy a fast car in the first place"

There's a lot of people with expensive cars that also mod. For example, I have a friend with a modified (997) 911 Turbo PDK who loves modding. It's a passion for most people that do it (excluding the chavs etc).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What about people that just enjoying tinkering for the sake of tinkering? As in it is a hobby and something they enjoy?

Doing that automatically marks them out as not being able to afford something with a higher price tag does it?

Brilliant.

Modding...for when you couldn't care less what other people think.