ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio v6 vs meg 225

david100 said:
would a clio v6 wipe the floor with a meg 225? just out of interest like lol...
No, it would be the other way round (and by some margin), the 225 has so much grip and inspires so much confidence that it would eat a V6 alive in corners and easily match it on the straights.

It is a one dimensional bore though, very capaple but almost totally lacking charisma.

The V6 driver would have white knuckles, big balls and a smile on his face.

But he'd be behind.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not as clear cut as that IMO.

It's all down to the driver - the V6 is a very capable machine - have you ever followed Jeremy Townsend round a track in his?

No 225 would get past him.

Put him in a 225, and no V6 would get past him.

Mark 1 Clio V6
I had a mk1 V and a first phase 225.

There was nothing in it in performance, although I would expect the mk2 V to beat any 225.

The main difference between the two is the excitement of the drive.

V6 has a great sound, an involving drive and grabs attention everywhere it goes.
225 does not.

If the 225 is ahead, as said above, the V6 driver is still having ten times more enjoyment from the journey.

133/225/CLS AMG
I would have thought to the average driver, the 225 is very easy to drive quickly. Turbo pulls hard in most gears so don't often need to go for a down change for overtaking etc.

Thats my thoughts, having owned a Megane 225 since January.

I would love to come up against a Clio v6 though, I'd have thought the Megane would edge on a Mk1 V6 but on the Mk2, it might be different. At a guess.

A chipped Megane 225 would probably be a different story though, bearing in mind that Andy on MeganeSport.net is pushing over 270bhp from his with a remap and a few other bits!! :D :D

Nissan 350Z
AlexJMills said:
I would have thought to the average driver, the 225 is very easy to drive quickly. Turbo pulls hard in most gears so don't often need to go for a down change for overtaking etc.

Thats my thoughts, having owned a Megane 225 since January.

I would love to come up against a Clio v6 though, I'd have thought the Megane would edge on a Mk1 V6 but on the Mk2, it might be different. At a guess.

A chipped Megane 225 would probably be a different story though, bearing in mind that Andy on MeganeSport.net is pushing over 270bhp from his with a remap and a few other bits!! :D :D

Most keen drivers care little for whether a car is a couple of tenths of a second faster, and more for naturally aspirated fun, RWD, multiple cylinders, in a small, nimble little car.

Yes the Meg is fast. Almost completely anonymous compared to a V6 in any benchmark you might care to mention, perhaps except "my super duper chipped turbo is faster than everything else" pub talk ;)

133/225/CLS AMG
pbirkett said:
Most keen drivers care little for whether a car is a couple of tenths of a second faster, and more for naturally aspirated fun, RWD, multiple cylinders, in a small, nimble little car.

Yes the Meg is fast. Almost completely anonymous compared to a V6 in any benchmark you might care to mention, perhaps except "my super duper chipped turbo is faster than everything else" pub talk ;)

I'd quite happily say that I'm a keen driver but I wanted something nice and refined but bloody quick. The Megane ticks that box for me and I find it a really good drive.

The Clio V6 is totally different car and only one I'd buy if i could use it as a weekend toy. Its all down to personal preference. Performance figures are black and white, what car is better than another car is personal opinion.

For me the Megane 225 is better all round car but thats because it suits me but thats not to detract away from what amazing car the Clio V6 is. If you're talking about performance, then why not re-map a Megane 225 to 270bhp and have comparible performance to a V6!?!? Just my thoughts.

Laguna Coupe
dual carriageway - v6

decent quality A-road - evens

damp country lane - 225

Not so sure mate. I had a 5 mile dual carriageway blast against a Mk2 V6 when my Meggy was actually a 225 :D Followed it off a roundabout, nice and quiet so no traffic to contend with, both gunning it to the limit and tbh there was absolutely nothing between them. Every time we see each other now theres a respectful flash of lights and wave of the hand :)