ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio v6 supercharged swap with 182

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG 182
hi guys and girls you may have already seen this on pistonheads.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/704412.htm

well after much discussion me and the missus have decided the only way to go is to do a part x on a clio sport 182 or a megane 225. she had a racing blue 182 one prior to the v6.

we will obviously just sell it if thats whats offered.

the cash price is £10,000.
OR
if you have a 182 or megane 225. maybe a 172 at a push and you are looking for an upgrade, get in touch. we are looking for at least 3.5k cash minimum. but any genuine offers please call.

remember this is a group 20 cars so dont waste either of our times.

it is a regretable sale of this car but needs must as it doesnt quite fit in with any of our future plans. You may be thinking you can prob pick up a v6 for £8000-8500. however the engine is only on 28k and we are hardly asking much extra considering the cars spec and service history.
another thing to consider, if you want to go modding a v6 if you buy 1 how how much its going to cost you to extract power from it. its the same as a 182 you have to spend thousands to gain anything. this one has a good power upgrade for minimal money over other v6's.

also, how many silver v6's have you seen, and how many mars red ones. i believe there is only 25 mars red mk1 vee's ever made and over 300 silver??

this car wants for nothing. it has had the dreaded cambelt, all fluids, tyres, pads and disks.

if it doesnt sell then i may be forced to sell my clio williams turbo and put a forged engine in the vee!!

for all of you who want a technical run down of the ecu supercharger etc please dont hesitate to mail me.

oh and anyone thinking i mite supercharge my vee. make sure you got 6 grand in the bank. as this is what the last owner spent on it!!

few pics

DSC00426.gif
DSC00428.gif
DSC00432.gif

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG 182
ye apparently so. its only running minimal boost at present.

with it running a chargecooler and 1 bar of boost (proved) it will make nearer 340-350bhp atf

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  ValverInBits
don't spose anyone has tested the standard internals to destruction have they?
I reckon it'd take 300 atf on supercharger power

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
mat black killed a few v6 engines didnt he

and there is that other very heavily modified v6 mike t ? that was supercharged

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are you allowed to have a hot turbo sticking through the bulkhead, with only a piece of plastic separating you from it? Don't think i'd drive it to hard. Or you could recreate the famous v6 pic!

Edit: my bad, it a supercharger. less hot.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG 182
there is only 2 other supercharged v6's about i believe. 1 of which mike t's is going twin turbo at the mo.

i have spoken with him and says 300 is ok on standard internals any more and you need to stick some low comp pistons.

the 6500 is alot of money but as this is a one-off so to speak alot of time was spent researching power, engine, components etc.

ANY GENUINE OFFERS CONSIDERED

Da

Trader Rating - 100%
48   0   0
  Less
I'd swap you tomorrow, but don't have the £3.5k you need! :dapprove:

Looks like a beast and a rare colour too! Best of luck with the sale mate.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG 182
it has been up for a while, really dont want to sell. we bought it the same week we completed on our 1st mortgage then spent £2500 on it. not the best idea i know but god its fun.

in reality how much is this car worth guys??

Da

Trader Rating - 100%
48   0   0
  Less
Well it's a rare colour so demands a premium, however as it's charged it will drastically reduce your market I'm afraid.
People who want a rare Mars Red will probably want one standard.

The average mileage ph1 V6 is fetching as you say around the £8k mark, yours is a 2001 reg so one of the first really and approaching 8 years old now.
Realistically I think £10k is probably a little high, £9k is more realistic if you want the car to sell.

£8k is if you just want rid!

All IMO of course and no offence intended :)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG 182
thats a totally good write up. it is a 2002 tho!!

and the price you have put up is a very good guideline and not too far what we will actually accept

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's a rare colour so demands a premium, however as it's charged it will drastically reduce your market I'm afraid.
People who want a rare Mars Red will probably want one standard.

Agreed, its a very limited market