ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 phase 2 255bhp version 2005

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Audi TT
Not the best time to be selling really though is it and the £1500 cambelt change to look forward to next year is bound to play on peoples mind.

Still love it though and if had the money...... :)

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Very nice good luck with the sale! I'm sure i read somewhere some one was after a black vee and it wasn't dawn as she's got one now!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Not the best time to be selling really though is it and the £1500 cambelt change to look forward to next year is bound to play on peoples mind.

Still love it though and if had the money...... :)

Only £800.00 to do the cambelt and tensioners with a waterpump change and change of 15 litres of coolant, but thanks for your comments anyway.

Nik

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
same pics as last time it was up for sale then.

Lol @ the 1500 quid cambelt

Yep, that was this time last year - just decided to use the same pics. Car has only done 500 miles or so since last year.

I had decided to keep the car an investigate a supercharger conversion. But in the end, the cost for the power gain was not worth it. £10k to get an extra bhp - now that is a hell of a cost at £200.00 per 1bhp!

Nik

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  E92 M3
love the tints but if i was buying the rear lights would have to go

i wish i could afford it tbh mate i would bite your hands off

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Drop the price! Are they that expensive?

A standard one with that milage is about £16k to £17k depending on the condition. This car is unmarked and has a full suspension upgrade which costs some £1,500.00+ to be installed and set up. The back box is a one off in stainless steel and cost £500.00. There are also £500.00 of new brake pads and new discs going with the car. Plus ALL of the original parts including the tail lights.

With a V6 there is no real set price, but I will take an offer on it. Set the price too low and it does no one any good. A liquid yellow one recently sold for £20k as standard a few weeks ago.

To bring it back to standard looking:

. Peel off the inner tint - free
. Re fit old tail lights - free
. Wind up the coilovers - free (but may need to have new wheel alignments since the camber angles will change)
. Remove B-pillar carbon sheets - free
. Re-fit the standard Back box - free
. Powdercoat the wheels in silver - £50.00 a wheel and £10.00 for tyre fit and balance = £240.00
. Re-spray intake pod covers to silver - £60.00

So for £300.00 you have a standard looking car??? I can have that done for a buyer if they really want too, or I can negotiate the price down so that they can get it done instead.

Nik

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Audi TT
Only £800.00 to do the cambelt and tensioners with a waterpump change and change of 15 litres of coolant, but thanks for your comments anyway.

Nik

Wasn't having a pop at all mate hence my earlier post in the thread. Was just saying re the other posts that not a great time to be selling.

That's cheap for the cambelt. Mate's V6 going in for the cambelt and other bits and was quoted £14-1500 for the belt change. Carlton Garage in Exmouth when I spoke to them the other week said they had done a few cambelt changes also and they charge £1500 so assumed to be the going rate.

As for others saying they don't like the lights. I'm sure they're the same as on my 172 and everyone who has seen in person has liked them.

I think the car looks very aggressive as it is and wouldn't want to change anything.

Once again. Good luck with the sale :)

G

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
I absoulutly HATE with a passion, looking at these ph2 v6's! Because i then have to go outside and see how boring my car looks compared to it :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
That's tastefully done. Price spectrums are wild at the moment, plus it only takes one person to buy it :D

Best of luck with the sale...!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Wasn't having a pop at all mate hence my earlier post in the thread. Was just saying re the other posts that not a great time to be selling.

That's cheap for the cambelt. Mate's V6 going in for the cambelt and other bits and was quoted £14-1500 for the belt change. Carlton Garage in Exmouth when I spoke to them the other week said they had done a few cambelt changes also and they charge £1500 so assumed to be the going rate.

As for others saying they don't like the lights. I'm sure they're the same as on my 172 and everyone who has seen in person has liked them.

I think the car looks very aggressive as it is and wouldn't want to change anything.

Once again. Good luck with the sale :)

G

Did not take it personally but it could scare off someone if they thought they had a £1,500.00 bill next year! I have looked into this, and if I have to get it done to sell it - so be it.

The problem with modified cars is just what value do you put on them? The standard V6 Koni suspension is dire, but it costs a fortune from Renault new. The KW variant 3 suspension is full coilover in stainless steel with 15 rebound settings, height adjustment and camber adjustments - costs £1,200.00 plus fitting and set up. The only way to see the benefit in paying more for the car is to look at it and test drive it. I could take it all back to 100% standard and drop the price, but then it's the same as nearly all the other V6's.

Nik

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
lol i wish, i would get insured on it :(

My son works at Adrian Flux, he could help! Mind you, it's not cheap as you have to be an old git like me to get cheap car insurance. It actually costs more to insure this car than my previous R34 GTR v-spec!

Just in case you want to see my previous super car, here is the link:

www.r34gtr.piczo.com

enjoy!

Nik

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
That Skyline is a bit of a weapon! What was that running??

500bhp. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and top speed just shy of 200mph. Why did i ever sell it???????????

The interesting point is that the Clio V6 actually give more driving pleasure than the R34 since it is so hands on. In my opinion the V6 i prehaps one of the most difficult cars to drive correctly ever built, but once you know it and how it reacts, well the rest is history.

By the way, that R34 was a featured car in Banzai last year since I did all the work myself except the final mapping.

Nik

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gorgeous mate. Love the black on the v6 second only to blue.

Black wheels suit it to the ground. I think you should change the lights back to standard yourself and take some new pics. They look fab with original lights...
Dawns is a fab example.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  255, 230, 172, R26
Aww, i love u gally :)

i was tempted by this vee last year but couldnt get insurance then!

good luck mate :)