ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 or Golf R32???

Mk4 .:R32
Depends what you are after.

Clio is much more in your face, and slightly faster!

R32 is more refined, subtle and better built! Also more room.

Theres a blue R32 at my work with coil overs and cupra r splitter, looks amazing!

Cliosport 197
As Flether says really,if your talking a late ph2 v6 in black then i would say yes too that defernatly,never really been a fan of golf's,apart from when i was younger i wanted a Mk1 gti.

V6 MK1
DSC00025.jpg

funny that I have just got a V6 and my mate the R32,

The clio I think will hold its value better if that matters to you
I will admit the R32 is alot more of a car for the money:eek:

Mazda MX5
Clio V6 stupidly rare and sexy... R32 very easy to live with...

I would say Clio V6, bit more entertaining to drive...

mk4 golf gttdi180
you can look at it like this clio is a boys car vw is a mans car if you want to look respectable have a golf id personally have the golf loas better spec buildquality is miles high and the engine can take a s**t load more.
its no good asking on here as the majority of pple like clios so wil say clio

you can look at it like this clio is a boys car vw is a mans car if you want to look respectable have a golf id personally have the golf loas better spec buildquality is miles high and the engine can take a s**t load more.
its no good asking on here as the majority of pple like clios so wil say clio

I've never heard of a vee being called a boys car before. The vee is hand built, i've heard of some shoddy examples on the build quality front, you just don't buy a naff one.

Engine wise, the clio has a 3.0 v6 laguna engine, so it's not like they give up at 50k or so - one dude I know of has a mk1 vee on 72k !

- Have you yourself been in or driven both cars ???

I have, one of my mates has a blue R32.

It's a very nice car, well screwed together, it weights about the same as mine. I've only driven it a few times though. It does have cracking seats in it (loads better than the vee)
He has a blue three door I think on an 03.

BMW F21 125d
R32 all the way, my mate used to have one. Them Konig leather seats are awesome, and the noise from the engine is good.

mk4 golf gttdi180
I've never heard of a vee being called a boys car before. The vee is hand built, i've heard of some shoddy examples on the build quality front, you just don't buy a naff one.

Engine wise, the clio has a 3.0 v6 laguna engine, so it's not like they give up at 50k or so - one dude I know of has a mk1 vee on 72k !

- Have you yourself been in or driven both cars ???

I have, one of my mates has a blue R32.[/quote]

yes ive drove a golf well all types of golf -1.4,1.6, 2.0, 1.9 tdi, vr6. 1.6tdi, and the r32. I think there all well engineered cars . I have also drove clios .admitantly i havent drove a v6 ive sat in one but i have drove a laguna v6 and espace i dont think the engine is that great, it is a good engine dont get me rong and is a very big engine to be in such a small car but if you look at the clio and the golf together the golf looks the better car the clio looks almost as if it a boyracer car
the guy is aking for advice on what car to have and ive forwaded my opinion im not slagging the clio off

clio v6 mk2,
Thinking of buy one of them but dunno which one.

I read most of the threads on here, but don't make a comment
I like the comment about them being a boy racers car;)
(I must be a young boy racer then:D ) at 51:D
The only advise I will give you, it's your choice:cool:

Last edited:
  Mk4 .:R32
to be fair, you won't get anywhere near the same amount of head turning attention in an R32 compared to a vee

Vee dub
I love the Clio V6... mk2 especially.

It would have to be the Golf R32 for me if I was in that position (nice one to be in too!)

Golf 7R
I personally think that the Golf cannot be beat if you take into consideration toys, comfort and outstanding build quality. The Vee would win hands down in the head turning department, but as someone has already mentioned it stems further than just looks IMO anyhow. Both fantastic cars full stop. Cant see you being dissapointed with either.

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Vee everytime. The R32 is just a fast golf but the vee looks stunning.

Lol thats a bit base init? whats a Vee then?

I'm not slagging the Vee, i think it's a beautiful car , but there is more to to think about than just looks!

leon

I just meant I prefer the looks of the vee, I love the fact that its only got two seats. Ive never been a fan of golfs tbh. Thats just my opinion!

Ph1
Golf is the sensible choice. It does exactly what it says on the tin and is well built. Its the play safe option here.

If you want to ditch the tank top and be a bit more 'look at me', then get the Clio

Clio will put more of a smile on your face when you open the garage door on a morning.

106 GTi
I loved the R32 when it first came out, and was dead set on getting one, new shape one does nowt for me, nor does a Vee. As above - I would'nt buy either.