ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
Hey All,

I noticed today a clio trophy for sale on Autotrader, priced at £6700 ish! Its only covered around 26k miles too!

I've always been a firm believer that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.. but its very tempting at that price!

I know the 2nd hand car market has slumped somewhat due to credit crunch amongst other things but i was suprised to find them that cheap!

Yep look like it could be fine don't forget its what 3.5 years old now they were £14k list new so half price after 3 years sound not to unreasonable
The next cheeapest is £500 extra but if the garage isn't willing to differ on price that might be why its cheap vs a £500 more expensive one that they will discount

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
I'm feeling very tempted i must admit!!! I've been after some turini's for mine, but i think for the price i'd have to pay I might aswell upgrade the whole car!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thats less cash than I got for mine a couple of months back, and mine had double the mileage.

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
Yeah i also spotted the CATD, but saw a few other decent ones knocking around... Problem is I've just spent a fortune on mine getting a few niggly things sorted out.. and had cam and aux belt changed for 36k which was quite expensive! Seems a shame for me to spend that money then get rid!

i dont really get it, i payed £6500 for a perfect 182 FF with 11,000 on the clock, i prefer the bi Xenon and Climate control to the sachs sus and Recaro's and day of the week, makes the trophy seem expensive to me

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i dont really get it, i payed £6500 for a perfect 182 FF with 11,000 on the clock, i prefer the bi Xenon and Climate control to the sachs sus and Recaro's and day of the week, makes the trophy seem expensive to me
Trophy is so much better to drive. I've had 172's, a 182, Trophy, and the Trophy was better to drive in every respect. And the Recaro's are better than the standard seats.

Trophy is so much better to drive. I've had 172's, a 182, Trophy, and the Trophy was better to drive in every respect. And the Recaro's are better than the standard seats.

You say better to drive, how do you mean?
i like the comfort side of things with my 182, the stuff you get with a FF is a nice addition to the car.
im sure at the same price with the same miles i would take a trophy but the trophy talked about here is at least £1000 more than a FF option for the same age/miles, just not worth it IMO,

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I wouldnt buy a cat D realy at all.

Just make sure the suspension is ok on this one as they are expensive

Its all down to personal opinion though I don't rate the seats or the ride highly at all.

Clio 172 Flamer
i would pay the extra and get one that hasnt had a shunt, mind you they have drop in price loads, i paid 9000 for mine 7 months ago with 25,000 on it i now have 42,000:eek: and the reno dealer would only offer me 7000 for p/x for a 197 cup. still thinking about it tho

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Yep they are in freefall.

I paid £9500 7 months ago for a 17K car.

Thought i was doing well as there were not many under £10k at the time.

Then the credit crunch.......

Look on the bright side everything else is in freefall to not just Clio's.

Wait till people start paying £400+ for taxing Scoobies and V6's next March for another nudge on used prices.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Could be worse could have invested in the Stock Market 6 months ago & bought some Shares in Banks...

White clique
one on ebay a week ago had 17k miles, 55 plate it didnt sell with 2 bids at 7.8k. Another 2 at around 8k didnt get any bids at all.

6.7k sounds very good indeed, the cat D may not be a huge issue if its a good repair.

Its all personal taste...

personally I think the trophy recaro's are very uncomfortable and unsupportive. I would have to change the seats if I had bought a Trophy.

M140i

You say better to drive, how do you mean?
i like the comfort side of things with my 182, the stuff you get with a FF is a nice addition to the car.
im sure at the same price with the same miles i would take a trophy but the trophy talked about here is at least £1000 more than a FF option for the same age/miles, just not worth it IMO,

Air con, comortable seats, adjustable suspension for ride quality cruise control, hardly a difference?? Better if anything, oh wait sorry you get some fake alacantera stuff on the door cards lol

Get it on track, theres the difference. Embarrassed some quality machinery at the ring and on track with mine love it!!! This is my 3rd clio, had a cup, a 182ff and the trophy, this is my fav thus far :)

Fubar, put some weight on lol, there a lot more comfy then ;)

Last edited:
I wouldnt buy a cat D realy at all.

Just make sure the suspension is ok on this one as they are expensive
Me neither, i'd rather pay that little bit more & get a non crshed one. Escpecally with a trophy.

Its all personal taste...

personally I think the trophy recaro's are very uncomfortable and unsupportive. I would have to change the seats if I had bought a Trophy.

I've never understood why folk on here get really really excited over them. I don't think they are real leather or suede either. Aftermarket price wise they are a lot for what they are imo (I think that there is better out there) I think the only reason folk on here buy them is because they look OE.
One of my mates has a trophy, which he sometimes tracks. So I can agree with fubar's comments.

Fubar, put some weight on lol, there a lot more comfy then ;)

very true mate... i find most seats uncomfy tbh :eek:
the 197 recaro's fit my shape much better... I was impressed with them round Brands Hatch.

197 recaro's in a 182 trophy FTW :D