ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy, gone......

A4 Avant
Well I sold my Trophy yesterday.:( I'm absolutely gutted now.

The guy that bought her is called Rob and seems like a pretty cool guy. Even whilst out with him whilst he was test driving her I was sooooo tempted to call the sale off! Didn't really want too get rid of her and it all happened pretty quickly with him not even seeing the car until yesterday even though he'd paid a deposit!

Just thought I'd post a few pics of her before she was collected.

IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7198.jpg

IMG_7215.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

And the new driver taking her away from me.:(

IMG_7254.jpg

IMG_7256.jpg

IMG_7257.jpg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg
]

I'm off to cry into my beer,

Nige.:(

(Sorry some of the early pics look a cack colour, don't know whats goin on!)

Gutted for you mate. As they say "better to have loved and lost, than to of never loved at all!"

182 and 5 GTT
Its always seems funny when you sell a car and see it being driven off by the new owner. What you getting next mate?

A4 Avant
Thanks peeps, this is the first car I've ever regretted selling!

I could seriously have cried when he drove off, if it weren't for the presence of other guys and having to uphold the steely front of a typical alpha male I'm sure I would have!:D

It's not so much upwards, probably more downwards. I'm looking at getting something with a large boot or pickup type thing. I'm doing more and more work to the house and there was no way I was putting rubbish in the back of the trophy. I would have had to spend the following week cleaning her! I've also started going out on bike more and it's a pain keep fitting a roof rack.

I only drove the car to get to football and back twice a week, so it seemed a bit silly having a nice car to do 20 miles a week!

As it is I've lost a negligable amount of money, so the time was right I suppose.

Clio 172 MK II
Jay said:
Gutted for you mate. As they say "better to have loved and lost, than to of never loved at all!"

that is a bullshit :mad:

If I was smarter before I would never love something/someone

The hardest thing in the life is to watch someone/something that you love going from you :(

Ad

MK2 FRS
Rain said:
that is a bullsh*t :mad:

The hardest thing in the life is to watch someone/something that you love going from you :(

you soudn very bitter mate... as above this is a car......

Ad

MK2 FRS
Rain said:
that is a bullsh*t :mad:

you sound very bitter mate... as above this is a car......

Clio 172 MK II
adtmits said:
you sound very bitter mate... as above this is a car......

LOL
Mine post was related to the "better to have loved and lost, than to of never loved at all!", not to the car selling :)

LY R26
Sorry about the sale nige, only hope you reason was good :)
last pic of it driving looks cool, they look so nice on the road! sorry to rub it in lol

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah that is one tidy car, id be really gutted. even when i sold my old mk2 ph1 1.4S, as the chap drove away it brought a tear to the eye, being my first car and all, ah well.

MKIII 138
Nige182 said:
T

I'm doing more and more work to the house and there was no way I was putting rubbish in the back of the trophy. I would have had to spend the following week cleaning her! I've also started going out on bike more and it's a pain keep fitting a roof rack.

hmm.. i sold my 172cup for that same reason i bought a 1.8 vectra estate with roof racks so im covered for the dog, the house, pretty much anything as i have lots to do to my home, the only difference is ive put some of the money onto a deposit for a meg225cup and the rest went on the purchase of the vectra which i couldnt give a crap about if someone scratches or if i put moldy wood in the back best of both worlds imo ! you should do the same, im sure you probaly got at least £4,000-£5,000 more than i had play with

M

mij29

Nice car mate, what a shame she had to go.
Off subject, where did you get the airfreshener from, mar lady would love 1 of those?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Nevermind mate.

mij29 i don't think you can buy the comfort airfreshners, i got one free from a comfort promotion girl in West Quay shopping centre, and yes they smell really nice.

A4 Avant
The air freshner was free from the bullring off a very pretty lady!:D

I like the sound of the two cars, one banger one nice. As i only do 30 miles a week I think it would be overkill for me.

Thanks for the kind words about the car, it really was mint when it went, not a single mark on it (except for a lil one on the dash)! I thinks thats why I didn't wanna get rid of her.

Decisions, decisions.

Renaultsport Clio 182
:( Hate that feeling when you see your pride and joy driving off into the distance. Had it when I sold my 106 GTi, still regret selling that car.

Titanium 182 w/ cup packs
I did exactly the same thing and sold my trophy 4 months ago. Biggest regret ever, miss it like mad! Looking to get another soon though. Hopefully!