ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio to vecta?

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
Had several hot hatches in the past, VTS, 206gti, and mgf 160, due to finanical reason had to put up with 2002 Clio 1.4 dynamique for few months, however im gettin bored now, want something bigger, newer and fast while still gettin good mpg.
Saw then new face lift Vecta 1.9 cDTI 150 Sri and looks great in black or silver which can pick up for about 9k with 30k miles. Been on phone to re-map company and for £400 they can make it produce 205bhp and 317lbs of torque while still gettin 45mpg!!
I'm gettin convinced but would like to hear any of your comments please??

Many thanks

Go for a test drive. i wouldn't get one though only thing going for them over other cars are the rpce but that might say something about the car. You can get the 180hp 3.0 turo diesel for £10k. My work mate has had a Vectra for some time as a courteys car he recons its terribale.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ummm. Vectras don't go fast.

If you want a quick diesel then go german. Saying that Volvos aren't too shabby, for the same money as a 3 series, you will find a Volvo S40 or some such for similar price with a much nicer spec.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
And you'll get 200bhp out of most 2.0L diesels.

Golf diesels are good, but they're hatches too. BMW make the best diesel engines but are a bit out of your 9k target, just don't touch the Merc diesels ;)

And don't touch Vectras in general.

Vectra :(
Your missing the point with the vectra mate. Dont matter how fast they go they handle like a bag a turd!!!!

I have one that i got for work and as a motorway cruiser (i do 40k+ a year for work) its quite nice, reliable and returns good MPG (i have the 1.8 petrol) however like i said handling is appauling, it floats about and has a tendency to understeer when there seems like there is no logical reason for it to do so.

B roads are a vectras worst nightmare!

dazza123 said:
like??? with that performance, looks and mpg mate?
Focus tdci not 205hp then again 150hp to 205hp which sounds like there pushing them a fair bit more than they realy should from a reamp.
Mondeo TDCi 175 or so from a remap I think on the powerful ones.

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
hmmm thanks for your comments guys, starting to put me off now! Not def made my mind up yet so gonna take one out for test drive and see how it handle's and performs. I dont do many motorway miles so its all a and b roads

Looks? Vectra????? Usually dont go into the same sentence.

How bout a second hand Seat Leon Cupra R? Get one for 9k, fast and looks ace. Audi reliability too.

car? need a license 1st!
Williams025 said:
Looks? Vectra????? Usually dont go into the same sentence.

How bout a second hand Seat Leon Cupra R? Get one for 9k, fast and looks ace. Audi reliability too.

Vectra looks s**t.

there.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
as said - gr8 for motorway, BUT TOO BIG for zipping

little fast diesel for that money? - '04 Ibiza 130PD, 170 chipped (0-60 7.6, 130mph, 40mpg)

Leon Cupra R 225
If your gona get a vectra get the latest VXR, thats a beast

if not get a 182 if your spending 9k

172 cup TT
had a run last night up the A1 with an 05 vectra 2L turbo (E.pipes on each side) wheeled him in pretty easily.. just love the looks on reps faces