ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Rear Brake wear

I am having a running battle with Renault in Australia re the rate of wear of my rear brakes.

Any feedback on wear from the standard Clio Sport rear pads would be most appreciated.

We have only had the Clios in Oz for about 18 months now and noone here can tell me if I am being fed a line.

The 172s rear brake callipers are the same as those on the 5 GT Turbo and 16v/Williams series (not to mention all the Peugeot and Citroen models) - so theres 15 years of precedent there!

I reckon maybe you got some duff pads as I wouldnt say its a known problem.

I am in Aus and know of many Clio Sports with weird brake pad wear...

Mine are fine after 23K, but some had shat themselves after 10,000k. Apparently Renault have been replacing these if you kick up a fuss..

Which dealership are you going to?? Good luck. :D

Renault has been good about everything except the brakes.

Cam belt started disintegrating, replaced on warranty. Passenger seat track fell to pieces and passenger window switch failed, being replaced today.

Brakes though, dealer says wear and tear but cant explain why rear pads totally dead after 26000 kms when front wear 20% after 30000 km.

Renault (Aust) wont even return my calls after speaking with their "Customer Service Manager" 5 times and being told they will call me back.

Im in OZ too.. recently replaced my rear brake pads at the 40,000km service.. I suspect the rears wear will more than normally excepted due to some rear brake bias. I just considered it normall wear and tear.. tho hurt having to pay $180 to have em replaced. Im surpised Vicki there customer service manager down in Melbourne hasnt gotten back to you. All my dealings with her, have found to be the best customer service manager ever dealt with. I notice we dont have youre car 13/85 listed in the MK1 database. How about popping over to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/OZ_Clio_Sport/ and adding yours in there.

Mines 40/85.

Thanks markh, have added my baby to the list. Also added quite a few to the faults list.

Maybe Vicki is OK normally but I was feeling like the proverbial fungi.

My email to her boss seems to have had some effect as on picking up the Clio after they had it for a week suddenly the handbrake works better???

Had a brand new Scenic as a loaner. Thank god I am back in a real car.

*laughs* Sounds like my car - I went into the dealership 2 weeks ago with a A4 page of new faults to add to the ones that have either

a) Not been fixed

b) have recurred

c) Been fixed - but should never have happened.

From a quality point of view I regret paying $36K for that car. Especially as its now worth about $23K after 13 months