ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 197 Cup

Clio 200
Ive been up to test drive a Clio and i think ive fallen in love, my wifes after a Clio Sport but wants the newer model. found this little puppy

http://www.dtmcars.co.uk/used-cars/...ltsport-197-cup-3dr-newcastle-201243489909748

Shes just not sure on it being white!! no matter what i say!!

What do u guys thing on these models?

I loved my white 197 and have just recently taken delivery of a new white 200. I've always liked white, having had a white 16v back in the day.
Had white Speedlines on the 197, which gave it a good deal of presence.
Some people say white gets dirty quicker, but I've always found it stays pretty clean-looking after a wash and of course hides any minor dinks you may be unlucky enough to receive from any thoughtless door-openers.

Trophy Turbo :)
I think white is fantasic but never owned one before mind :) what is the general build quality like, is it as bad as the 182 like all cars it seemed ok today but give it a few more years and will things drop off

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
8K? for a cup, I have just paid 5k for my 07 UR 197, 50k on the clock, mint recaro's, xenons/cornering lights, climate & mp3. 1 owner. Yes needs a cambelt at £500.

That seems expensive

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cam belts every 5 years or 72k.... so most are now due in the next few months. Budget £500 or so.

I'd budget around 6.5k upwards for a decent cup, i'd suggest 8k would have to be minter than mint with every option ticked (White was an option) A cupped 197 rather than a 197 Cup will be a bit posher in terms of equipment.

My cup

WP_000578.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04792.jpg

Last edited:
  172, Tiguan
You'd get an early 200 for £8k mate. Noticeable improvement, though hit with the ugly stick.

Too expensive IMO. I sold my 197 cup on 58 plate over 18 months ago for 9k!

also that's not got speed lines that it says it does in the advert and can't see any mention of aircOn.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cam belts every 5 years or 72k.... so most are now due in the next few months. Budget £500 or so.

I'd budget around 6.5k upwards for a decent cup, i'd suggest 8k would have to be minter than mint with every option ticked (White was an option) A cupped 197 rather than a 197 Cup will be a bit posher in terms of equipment.

My cup

WP_000578.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04792.jpg

Sprint spoiler Gaz? More pics please ;)

Sorry for the hijack, lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yes, well Elia as it was then, dont have many pics of it really. Fitted by previous owner. Its pretty inoffensive really, looks nice on the side profile, not 100% sure of it flat on from the rear, I think it can 'pinch in' the back end somewhat. I'm a big fan of the naked look

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04794.jpg

Couple of nightmare's for ya ;)

29122010408.jpg

WP_000259.jpg