ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sport 172 seat movement

Black clio ph2 172
Hi all

I have a 2002 clio 172, the drivers side seat has slight play /movement when accellerating ( previous owner must of been a Fat f**k)

Is this a common 172 problem if so is there any kind of quick fix

Dont really want to buy another seat just yet

MK3 GTI golf 16v
what do you mean by it has some play ? as in it moves on the sliders slightly or the whole frame slides etc etc?

check the 4 bolts under the car are dont up tight, and check the seat is tight onto the frames as well

330 Ci
My old 182 developed this when I refitted the standard seats after having recaros fitted. Is nothing to worry about, my current 172 also does it alittle.

As said, check the mount bolts are tight under the chassis and you'll be fine

MK3 GTI golf 16v
My old 182 developed this when I refitted the standard seats after having recaros fitted. Is nothing to worry about, my current 172 also does it alittle.

just had a thought, that little black rubber washer type thing that sit in the hole and the seats slide through? did you take yours out for the recaros? just thought cus if they are missing then there might be a tiny bit of play ?

Black clio ph2 172
sussed it, removed the to plastic covers either side of the seat and tightened up the four 13mm bolts on the frame....good as new now
no irritating seat movement whilst accelerating