ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172 51 plate - non starter :-(

Clio Sport 2.0 51 Reg
Please help - ive not been able to use my charlie clio for 2 weeks now and really want her back on the road!

Basicly 2 weeks ago my partners van had a flat battery, he put the jump leads onto my car then onto his.. he hadnt even started his at this point.
I tried to start the car and it seemed my battery had died straight away.

Took the lead off and not been able to start it since! Weve charged the Battery up by taking it off and charging but still no go.
The car ran perfect before.

My friend said it could be the safety cut out switch but as ive read on here my shape clio dont have one so now im stuck!

It isnt the immobiliser as when i turn the key the light turns off.

When i turn the key the car sounds like it tries to start but then thats it - like if u had ran out of petrol? BUT I HAVENT

Any advise very much appritiated (sp)

xx

Megane 225
Is the car turning over? U may have totally wrecked the battery, can you borrow 1 from someone 2 check?

Volvo S60 T5
check all your fuses, engine bay and inside the car.
Also check the main fuse on the battery, its on the terminal that connects to the battery behind a small plastic cover.
make sure all your earth points in the engine bay are ok.
Have you tried a new battery?
Other than that call out an auto electrician, have a look on yell.com should be a few in your area that are mobile.

PS dont jumpstart other cars in future Renaults are very sensitive to voltage spikes and so on.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
check the throttle body electric plug, they aren't very good, and if its slightly loose the car wont' start, it will just turn over, chug chug chug, and not start. its hard to get to, basically stick your hand down behind the air intake on the thottle body and push any wires towards the front bumper. mmm, maybe yours doesn't have it, not sure. had that problem with my cup, adn the wire had just come loose for some reason, it was working the day before, then i went to start it and it just wouldn't go, then i just pulled around the wires to check connections and it worked.

Clio Sport 2.0 51 Reg
Thanks for your replies - ill check the suggestions 2moro. The car wont even try to start now like it was before - all i get is a clicking noise from the engine??

The battery light stays on and the service light too.

Thanks again.

172 MKII FF
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a corroded earth lead or something like that, the electrical mechanic simply connected a new lead.

My car wouldn't turn over but all the lights would come on.

new clio 1.4 16V
No mate, trust me, just tap your starter motor! it's siezed up! al i did was take mine out clean it and now it works a treat. If you turn the key and all you get is a clicking sound it the starter motor! Just give it a good hit with a wheel wrench or somthing to get it started!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not sure if this is the same thing but when starting my car it sometimes turns or "chugs" longer than normal.
Mostly at random but more-so after filling up with fuel :S