ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio speaker wire colour

RS Clio 182

Can anyone tell me the colour of the wiring for the front speakers in a Clio 182? I dont understand why Renault couldnt just use the same colour of wires once they got them inside the doors! I think they must have had extra wire colours lying around or something!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Front Right Green/White +
Pink Brown -

Front Left Yellow Purple+
Pink Purple -

Rear Left Grey +
Green -

Rear Right Maroon +
Grey -

All the above are from a 2001 Dynamique and may not be accurate for all Mk2 Clios

[Edited by EvilJohn on 07 April 2005 at 10:26am]

RS Clio 182

Thanks EvilJohn. Can anyone who has done this with a 182 confirm? I am trying to wire new speaker cable to my amp from just inside the door.

Cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Oh another way to tell is before you cut the connectors then check which colour is closer to the locking pin, thats the positive one iirc

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 07 April 2005

Pink Brown -

Pink Purple -

Rear Left Grey +
Green -

Rear Right Maroon +
Grey -

All the above are from a 2001 Dynamique and may not be accurate for all Mk2 Clios

Hello,

Do these colour apply for the Clio, Extreme (2005 model) ??

Audi S3 225

Have a look at the back of the head unit they will be 8 wires 4 for front left and right and 4 for the rear all will be different colours, you need to check these and check the wires that are in the footwell going into the door. match them up.

RS Clio 182

Can anyone confirm which side is which on the iso connector and which is front and rear. It would really help if I knew exactly what colours I was looking for at the footwell as I dont fancy taking the door connection off.

Cheers

BMW 120i Sport

Right ive had a look at my connectors i cut off the 13cm units in the front doors and they are as follows:

first:

+ lilac/green

- brown

second:

+ yellow/lilac

- pink/lilac

I cant for the life of me remember which side (hence i called them first/second) and i cant take the unit out tonight cos its started to piss with rain! At least you know the pairs, ill confirm which side is which when I can.

Can someone confirm exactly where we want to check the wire colour? Back of the headunit, or the wires inside the doors that lead to the speaker?

Im only checking the wire at the actual speakers.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 07 April 2005

Pink Brown -

Pink Purple -

Rear Left Grey +
Green -

Rear Right Maroon +
Grey -

Found this very useful mate!

Cheers.. :D