ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RXE 1.6L engine overheating and cutting out

Clio 1999T 1.6L
Hi guys,

Seems like I got another problem. Few times before I had my Clio 1999 RXE 1.6L auto engine just cut out while driving slowly or stationary and I didn't quite know why but I did see that engine temps dial did show a bit above normal temp.

And since then I began monitoring my temps, and it seems that something is wrong. When I am driving the temps are fine but once I stop the temperature begins to rise. Basicaly if I get stuck in traffic my car engine will cut out.

I had this today engine cut out as I was in traffic for a bit and it wouldn't start up again, had to wait 30 for engine to cool down before the engine would start up.

Any idea what could be causing this? my coolant levels are fine.

Thank you :)

Clio 1999T 1.6L
also forgot to mention that Radiator does get hot so I think that thermostat is not stuck AND I never heard radiator fan going off. So my guess it could be the fan no kicking in?

Clio 1999T 1.6L
would it be possible to somehow check which parts could be at fault? Can I fake the heat sensor being at full to test the fan or something? What could I do to find out where the fault is?

thanks

Clio 1999T 1.6L
Hi Could you at least help me to identify which parts are what?

So:
1- Thermostat housing?
2- ????
3- Radiator fan power cable
4- Temperature Sensor/Coolant Sensor?

YWzMQtu.jpg