ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS200 projector headlights

Clio 182
I'm new to this site but have previously owned a 182, now I've fallen in love and brought a 200 but can't stand that it doesn't have the HID headlights, I've read that a projector headlight is the way to do this, is anyone aware if these are still available or where I could get them from?
Thanks

Clio 182
If you do go this route then I've a decent hid kit with matching coloured fogs to go in them.

My car came with them minus the projectors.
It's a world of fail doing it that way.

Clio 182
i would like to but I want the projector headlamps to go with it for the look they give. There seems to be plenty of people doing it this way but very little knowledge of where to get the headlamps from, any ideas?

Get some from eurocarparts when they have a good discount code going, that's what all the guys on 197.net do, and being new you'll know they're going to perform well. Make sure you go for valeo as others aren't very good quality.

Clio 182
Ok that's great thanks guys, will be looking into them straight away, what's the best HID kit to use? I've read that 6000k is good but unsure on what kits are decent

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I always find 6000k a bit too blue, much prefer a more OEM 4300k which tends to be whiter and gives better visibility.

Attachments

• 4300vs6000.jpg
    4300vs6000.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 358
  Clio 182
Ok well all my answers seem to have definitively been answered here. Thanks for all the advice, think I'll be going for the 6000k as I like blue and being that my clio is albi blue. Looking forward to seeing the results. As to the cornering lights are they that essential? And is there only certain HID kits that operate cornering lights then? Would be nice to get them working being that they are there but I don't think I would be too bothered if they didn't

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I'm sure you could have it turned on.
@.Joe found that my xenons have their own ecu to allow cornering lights and auto levelling etc. The new ones may have the same set up

They lights operate from censors within the steering rack so without replacing the rack you can't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Ok well all my answers seem to have definitively been answered here. Thanks for all the advice, think I'll be going for the 6000k as I like blue and being that my clio is albi blue. Looking forward to seeing the results. As to the cornering lights are they that essential? And is there only certain HID kits that operate cornering lights then? Would be nice to get them working being that they are there but I don't think I would be too bothered if they didn't

Just remember they are only a light that illuminates when turning the wheel, they don't turn with the wheel like a lot of cars do, so you wouldn't be missing out too much.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I'd be surprised if they're not already there.

Mine has the wiring for parking sensors and an rs monitor. Just nothing's plugged into them

No they are not unfortunately, it's been explored to death on the Clio 197/200 forum and the only way is to fit the necessary rack and associated wiring etc. The headlights look better cosmetically whether the cornering ones work or not though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk