ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS Phase 1 non cup- suspension question

Clio 172
Hi everyone,

This is my first official thread on this forum :)
So staying in South Africa makes it a bit hard to get parts on these cars, my leadtime from france is over 3 weeks.

My front left shock is bent, and all the people that make aftermarket shocks here (Gabriel, Monroe)
say they do not make for this model but have for the 1.2/1.4/1.6 of the same year model.

My questions is, are the shock mounts and shocks that different on the models that i cant use the aftermarket ones from a 1.2/4/6 on the 2.0

Note this is just a temporary thing while i wait for the originals to arrive from France

Clio 172
Thanks for the update.

Looks like i'll be in the UK soon luckily,
Could anyone link me to a seller of OEM front shocks from a reputable seller ? :)
If the NON OEM parts are affordable perhaps i can look at that too

Clio 172
Thanks lad !
That is most helpful :)

Will finally be posting pictures of my Clios today,
so have a look out for em :)

phase 1 flamer 172
I believe can fit cup shocks to non cup cars, in fact I think its quite a popular mod.

monaco 172
Just ordered a set of genuine front cup shocks off eBay the seller was Renault car parts uk. £78 with free delivery. Almost 20 quid cheaper than rpd when you factor in delivery charge