ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 200 or Corsa vxr nurburgring

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The Clio seems overpriced tbh.

But at least Renaults handle well and are a little bit interesting. VXRs just don't do it for me I'm afriad. Poorly built chav-mobiles IMO.

M140i
Clio is a raider hence the price, Very rare. Full leather interior, meg R26r wheels and matt paint. A lot more special (for a Clio) but then again the corsa is quite capable, brembo's Bilsteins etc. Hateful looking thing tho tbh. Clio for me :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Of those 2, it's much of a muchness. But as said for that money I'd look at a megane 250. Or an r26 and save a few £k.

Westfield
200 anyday for me, but it is preference...

This is a Renault Sport forum so wouldn't expect much love for the VXR

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I really like the Nurburgring/Clubsport VXR corsa, they handle really well, they brake well, they are a comfy place to be, and the turbo makes for a nice drive.

That said, for a capable turbo hatch I would get an R26 instead personally, but guessing thats too old/cheap?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Drive both then decide.

I personally do not like the Corsas at all, but each to their own.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
If you love N/A rev happiness the 200. If you don't like to work hard then Corsa. Finding opportunities on the road to play with the Clio's rev range for any length is getting rarer. Turbo lump just boot it and go. If I'm in the wrong gear in the 172 cup I've already lost :)

Nissan 350z
I'll echo the above and say for the £14k price range i would rather be looking at the Megane 250/265 as you will easily find a decent spec'd example for that kind of money. It would be more powerful (300hp with a remap), A newer design and much rarer than either the Clio or the Corsa.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When I purchased my 200, the salesman was trying to offer me a Raider and going on about how it's an upgrade etc.

But I never have really liked them so only an upgrade if you feel that way about them aye, salesman didn't seem to understand.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
When I purchased my 200, the salesman was trying to offer me a Raider and going on about how it's an upgrade etc.

But I never have really liked them so only an upgrade if you feel that way about them aye, salesman didn't seem to understand.

His commission is higher on the raider, so it IS an upgrade to him, lol.

182 - F56 MCS
I owned a Cosra VXR from new in 07....the only two things that it has going for it (IMO) are the Recaros and Remus exhaust which you can buy. Owned it for two years and it went back to Vauxhall numerous times for things failing...complete with Vauxhall customer service which is shocking. I don't know if the later models addressed those issues but doubt it. Plus as people have said they are chav magnets...which in my defence I got mine the day they were realeased in the UK so very few around then. Avoid.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I owned a Cosra VXR from new in 07....the only two things that it has going for it (IMO) are the Recaros and Remus exhaust which you can buy. Owned it for two years and it went back to Vauxhall numerous times for things failing...complete with Vauxhall customer service which is shocking. I don't know if the later models addressed those issues but doubt it. Plus as people have said they are chav magnets...which in my defence I got mine the day they were realeased in the UK so very few around then. Avoid.

There is a BIG difference between the Burg/CS and the normal VXR though to be fair mate, the diff and bilsteins and better brakes really do make it a totally difference animal, having literally jumped out of one into the other and then back into the other again at silverstone back to back there really is a significant difference not just a marketing gimic name.

Astra VXR NBG ED
There is a BIG difference between the Burg/CS and the normal VXR though to be fair mate, the diff and bilsteins and better brakes really do make it a totally difference animal, having literally jumped out of one into the other and then back into the other again at silverstone back to back there really is a significant difference not just a marketing gimic name.

Agreed, did you do the powerevent? Great day to demonstrate what the cars are capable of, easily out run the insignia VXR round a track!

I've not driven a 200 though, so I couldn't say which is best

RB Clio 182
I have owned a standard corsa vxr and a corsa vxr nurburgring, they are both riddled with faults, but the nurburgring is way better than the standard one.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agreed, did you do the powerevent? Great day to demonstrate what the cars are capable of, easily out run the insignia VXR round a track!

I've not driven a 200 though, so I couldn't say which is best

yeah I did the power event. Have also driven them at other times too.
I've driven the n/a 200 on track a couple of times as well. And I'd sooner the clubsport. More tunable too.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I have always like the Corsa, driven them loads on track and always thought the VXR was good until I drove the Burg and Clubsport they are like a completely different car (on track anyway) I have never driven them on the road.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Both very similar really. Corsa is better for tuning. Corsa sounds better too.

Clio will probably hold its value slightly better.

I like both, both have there pros and cons.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I would look for a Raider with less miles than 31k on a 12 plate, or a Silverstone Edition with leather recaros is an option but the miles is important. My 200 is a 2011 and has 15k miles and with leather quilted recaros its not that comfy for long journeys and only does 28 mpg at best so a 2012 car with 31k has been well used. Plenty about to look at.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Clio. £13k and use the excuse it's got detailer unfriendly paint.

VXR £13500 if you have a blue badge ready to chuck in it (Mobility scooter looks).

Both very unfortunate colours.