ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio replacement......Candy white K1

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So so fresh on Silver wheels mate, but... it would look hard on Black. Personally Silver or Anthracite would be classy choice. Lovely cars.

Dolan's Cupra R was a special special car. Mental quick.

ph1 172
Thanks guys.

I really like the silver as it does look really fresh and "clean", however IMO it looks slightly out of place with the colour scheme being black and white. Hard decision that ATM I can't make

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Keep them silver if they don't need a refurb, When they do that's the time to try black.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
This is a lovely car, Rhys, looked fantastic when you bought it and is getting better & better.

I can totally see where you're coming from on the wheels, and while I agree they look fresh in silver, for me they detract a little je ne sais quoi from the car.

I'm sure the folk on CS would PS your car on black, white and dark anthracite alloys. I think white could be interesting, but that might be too much of a white thing going on.

Whatever you do, no doubt the car will keep you thoroughly entertained all the way. Enjoy!

ph1 172
Thanks for the kind comments and input guys

This is a lovely car, Rhys, looked fantastic when you bought it and is getting better & better.

I can totally see where you're coming from on the wheels, and while I agree they look fresh in silver, for me they detract a little je ne sais quoi from the car.

I'm sure the folk on CS would PS your car on black, white and dark anthracite alloys. I think white could be interesting, but that might be too much of a white thing going on.

Whatever you do, no doubt the car will keep you thoroughly entertained all the way. Enjoy!

Thank you Tim, very nice to hear such warm words :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome car always liked the look of these.

How do they compare to a clio? Had a 2nd gear blast against one a while back when he didn't want me getting in front when filtering in from some lights 2 into a single lane road, it was pretty much match and match in that gear so was he just not trying or do these more come into their own above 2nd gear?

ph1 172
Awesome car always liked the look of these.

How do they compare to a clio? Had a 2nd gear blast against one a while back when he didn't want me getting in front when filtering in from some lights 2 into a single lane road, it was pretty much match and match in that gear so was he just not trying or do these more come into their own above 2nd gear?

They are definitely faster than the Clio's but not by too much until over 100mph where the extra torque helps. Raced a friends mk2 Focus RS the other day upto 130 ish and he pulled 2 car lengths.

ph1 172
Not yet.
Will save up and get all the bits necessary to go and get it mapped straight to stage 2+ to hopefully give around 370bhp.
A friend has just bought a mk2 Focus RS and that will be going stage 4+ around the same sort of time. That should see around 420bhp.

http://
10059011593_7905943f83_z.jpg
Cupra K1 and Focus RS by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

Attachments

• 10059011593_7905943f83_z.jpg
    10059011593_7905943f83_z.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
  Snotter's
Lovely car, i always bang on about these engines however once mapped,fuel pumped,tbe,s3 intercooler and intake they are flying machines.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Can they run 370 on the standard turbo?

Go for crackle black standard wheels or as you say CH's..;)

Snotter's
Can they run 370 on the standard turbo?

Go for crackle black standard wheels or as you say CH's..;)

There are a load of stage 2 cupra's/ed30/s3's running anywhere between 350 and 370 on the standard turbo and most are pretty reliable.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
There are a load of stage 2 cupra's/ed30/s3's running anywhere between 350 and 370 on the standard turbo and most are pretty reliable.

Bloody hell. I knew the standard turbo would take them well over 300 but 370..:cool:

Excellent choice...

I've just bought a 10 plate Cupra- no body kit for me, as it's the facelift version.. a bit bland at the moment, but have bought the cupra R rear end ( spoiler / diffuser).

The main reason I bought a Cupra is for the TFSI engine... responds well to minor modifications.... 360bhp from a filter, turboback fuel pump mod and a remap :) ( and it's 5 door)