ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Raider

Clio raider
Looks good in the dark

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 173
  Clio raider
Picture taken with a potato?!

Joking apart
Nice car. The red are much rarer than the grey correct?
Picture taken with a potato?!

Joking apart
Nice car. The red are much rarer than the grey correct?
So I'm told.....Apparently there are only 25 of the fifty on the road. Where the other 25 went I have no idea. 2 have been written off. I must admit I don't know the ratio red/grey.

Clio raider
So I'm told.....Apparently there are only 25 of the fifty on the road. Where the other 25 went I have no idea. 2 have been written off. I must admit I don't know the ratio red/grey.
Slightly better picture lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: Ben
  Clio raider
Im not gonna say its easy. I use swissvax on it which is expensive but if you buy a car like this you pay the price. I am having a few issues with the paint. If you keep it waxed it looks great but if you wash it and leave it im finding that the plastic bumpers and side trims are starting to go white in places. I know that people with raiders have had problems with there paint. Unfortunately renault are not the best at getting this matte paint correct. I have a friend who works for BMW and if i have any problems i generally go to his paint shop.

Clio raider
Going back to an earlier thread I beleive its 11 red 17 grey so 28 in total. 2 have gone so that leaves 26.

Clio raider
It can be a ball ache because you cant just do a quick wash. You have to do a full job on it everytime you clean it. I am using it as a daily driver at the mo so keeping it clean is a pain. I must admit it does look a million dollars when its valeted. It would be nice to put it in the garage for the winter but i dont have one

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
172. (the best)
And yes, I'm only the second owner. Guy before me had it in a garage for a few years without it being moved.
I bought it on 48k 2 years ago. Has just ticked 61k.
Changing a few bits on it this year for the odd track day but nothing to major. Thanks for the comment :)

Clio raider
Sorry 172. My bad. Yeah i tend to agree that they were the start of something special. Hard to find minters of these now. I do like the instant power supply on the 172/182. Thats the only problem with the 200. Always having to keep it in the rev range. I know you can get it maped to iron out the flat spot but i dont think i will do this.

Clio raider
Yeah! weird one. As you may know they call them angles and demons in the rest of the world so whether they ended up being those i dont have a clue. I dont beleive they made a full quota of raiders. If they did they must be sitting in collections somewhere as if you look at cars on the road theres only ever been 28.

Clio raider
I use swissvax opaque. When I first bought the car I used chemical guy but it didn't like my paint much. I think that's a good product if your car is wrapped. You have to be careful with the swissvax mind as it can build up and leave residue. I do it a couple of times and then strip it back and apply again.

Fiesta ST
Saw one of these on a stand at a dealership in Middlesbrough, looked proper smart. It's the only red raider I've seen.

Ive never used anything but the opaque range on mine and i cant find a reason to stray away it leaves it looking fantastic when done, the wax is pricey but makes cleaning so much easier the dirt just falls off with a good rinse

Clio raider
Good times!...i beleive we are an even smaller club as you may have seen from earlier posts. Mines number 20/50 or 20/28 depending on what you beleive. its had a few owners but im hoping to keep this one.

Fiesta ST
I'm surprised you haven't seen mine knocking around Redcar :eek:penmouth: or hear it at least
Don't head out much as I commute to Newcastle.

Seen you and your brother about before though. You still in the grey raider? I have a black ST now, i'll flash you next time I see you :wink: