ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio pushed by truck thread

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Lift axle up doesn't always mean empty trailer..

He should have seen it coming up in his mirrors but he looks like a dozy c*nt who doesn't use them.

From him being in the middle lane, I assume that the car driver has done the same as every other car driver in the world does when they join a motorway with 2 overtaking trucks in the middle lane and undertook a truck then tried to cut through a small car sized gap to get to the outside lane.

Either the cars misjudged it and just tapped the front of the truck or the truck driver sped up and just tapped the back of the car. I'd imagine the truck driver would have noticed it but in that position it wont be in any of his mirrors, so either he was pissed off and felt like pushing the car along for a bit for undertaking him or he is absolutely oblivious to the world outside of his cab..

But both his tag axle and lead trailer axle are up? So it must be fairly light.

limited = they cant drive over 56mph because the limiter stops it

ABS fuse 14 in Scanias.
ABS fuse 22 in Renaults
Put a switch in the green wire on the left of the ECU in Volvos
Switch in the false live to the ECU in ERF's.

I could go on lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ABS fuse 14 in Scanias.
ABS fuse 22 in Renaults

I could go on lol

i love the waitey

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How about the Eurocargos :)

A EuroCargo isn't a HGV. Its a toy for moving small parts around to build proper HGV's.

Not a HGV

2002_Iveco_Eurocargo.jpg

A HGV

DSC_0178.jpg

Iceberg 172

ABS fuse 14 in Scanias.
ABS fuse 22 in Renaults

I could go on lol

yeah you could but your boring me too much now so no thanks!

Ph1

ABS fuse 14 in Scanias.
ABS fuse 22 in Renaults

I could go on lol

Not if its a digi tacho ;)

Theres a few different ways to get around it still.

Also the lift axle is only as good as the driver but yeah in general it means the truck is supposedly running light or empty

Mustang, S13, AX GT

dailymail said:
The Arclid Transport lorry was travelling in the fast lane when it was spotted.
um, it was in the middle lane. Also, there isn't a fast lane... Theres an inside lane and 2 overtaking lanes. Bah no wonder people dont have a clue on motorways :(

The lift axles, I guess it depends on how you are used to running. I normally have the lift axle up, and only put it down if I'm 36t or over. It saves on tyres/brakes and makes the trailers much easier to manouvre with the axle up :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Not if its a digi tacho ;)

Theres a few different ways to get around it still.

Also the lift axle is only as good as the driver but yeah in general it means the truck is supposedly running light or empty

They are even easier! One of our Scania's had somethng wrong with the coding for it. It was doing 78mph on the rollers and the digi was reading 56.6!

182 Trophy
theres no way that driver didnt notice the car, my dads a hgv driver and just spoke to him he said its impossible for that to happen without noticing, people assume because the truck is so big you wouldnt feel it yet in realitiy you still feel minor bumps in the road while driving one

Corsa Van. Meh.
Still puzzles me as to why people thought it a good idea to film rather than try and alert the lorry driver as to what is happening.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Lol at the Clio driver braking. I don't think that works whilst going sideways lmao.

So what are you meant to do? Sit back and relax? I would be standing on the brakes lol.

It was probably at the safest place, if the car went forward or back, it may have spun round under the lorry or even spun and flipped.

It seems from the bbc website that there was no injuries.

So what are you meant to do? Sit back and relax? I would be standing on the brakes lol.

It was probably at the safest place, if the car went forward or back, it may have spun round under the lorry or even spun and flipped.

It seems from the bbc website that there was no injuries.

Personally I'd have it in reverse and my foot nailed to the throttle - coming off and into an armco is survivable - thats what cars are designed for these day. If the tyres burst and the car flipped - you'd be dead

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
theres no way that driver didnt notice the car, my dads a hgv driver and just spoke to him he said its impossible for that to happen without noticing, people assume because the truck is so big you wouldnt feel it yet in realitiy you still feel minor bumps in the road while driving one
With respect, you're dads talking b****cks.

I'm a HGV driver, have been for nearly 6 years, IF that trailer was fully loaded ie 44 tonne's there's a good chance he wouldn't have felt it.

Driver probably had the radio on too which means he wouldnt've heard it either!