ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio pulling both left and right

Liquid Yellow 182
Right my car was pullng to both right nd left on any sort of uneven road. Got the tracking done and was still doing it. Took it to a garage today and they checked for play, and they sid my lower arms and tht are fine but there is movement in my top mounts, on another thread they said i would hear banging noises over bumps, but i dont hear nothing. Just the car pullng both left and right no matter what the camber is on the road, its getting quite nervous driving because it will pull me sometime close to opposite side of road if its uneven. An ideas guys?

turbo 182
might sound stupid and simple but have you check tyre pressures? i hardly drive my clio once every 2 weeks or so and if i havent checked or put air into them they seam to do similar to what your problem is once they are at correct pressure all is well. hope this helps

Liquid Yellow 182
might sound stupid and simple but have you check tyre pressures? i hardly drive my clio once every 2 weeks or so and if i havent checked or put air into them they seam to do similar to what your problem is once they are at correct pressure all is well. hope this helps

The tyre pressure is correct got them checked when tracking, got that nitrogen air in them.

Liquid Yellow 182
But i read on another thread that if it was top mounts i would hear banging noises, also noises when turning the steering wheel. But im not sure?

Liquid Yellow 182
I'd say Rack Bushes. Mine's doing the same as the OP's, and i've replaced everything bar the Race Bushes
So you suggest steering rack bushes to mate? I think im going to start there. My track rod ends and lower arms are fine as i had a mechanic check for me. Did you fit the rack bushes yourself?

Lionel Richie
what steering rack bushes LOL, 1.2's don't have them! I'll put £1 bet saying your tracking has been done incorrectly or you have play in the steering arms

Liquid Yellow 182
what steering rack bushes LOL, 1.2's don't have them! I'll put £1 bet saying your tracking has been done incorrectly or you have play in the steering arms

The tracking has been done 3 times and they say its spot on now. If i got play in steering arms what would i need to change?

Lionel Richie
who did the tracking, there are some complete muppets about!! Take it to Protyre in Warwick, say you know me - £25 done

Liquid Yellow 182
Oh ATS did the tracking for me. Okay if i do that and that dont sort it then its steering arms you reckon?

Lionel Richie
nothing, it'll only take a minute, why does EVERYONE one assume i'm going to charge for 5min of using my eyes!

Liquid Yellow 182
Lmaoo i didnt mean nothing by it mate. Just wanted to ask. What day would be bes for you mate and time? I can come whenever