ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Project

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Hi everyone :D

Bought my first car in October, paid £2800 with 85k on the clocks, 12 months mot, 6 months tax and FSH. I know i could have probably found better for the money, but fell in love with the colour and just wanted a car as soon as possible. I wanted to start 'modding' as soon as possible, but 2 days later the flexi pipe on the cat snapped, leaving me £150 out of pocket. A week later i got my windows tinted (please please please no s**tty comments! I know it looks terrible and i'm half way through taking them off!) Then took the rear wiper off. Made the back end look smarter imo, but wasnt happy with the way the grommit stuck out so i smoothed it over. Then got to work painting the rear diamond and clio badge. Sorry for the terrible quality pics, can't seem to find the lead for my camera so the phone will have to do for now, will get some better ones up asap.

DSC00137.jpg

Have ordered a few bits and pieces for it over the last week or so, a new boot handle as i took a chunk out of mine with an angle grinder trying to get the rear wiper off lol. 3/4 plate, 172 rear bumper and sport grill. Put the new plate and grill on today, front end's looking a bit better now. Also took the sidelights out, i know its not the same without xeons, but i think it still looks better without them even on standard lights. Anyway here's how its looking at the moment.

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Spraying the front diamond ford graphite grey next, then going to be getting the sport rear bumper and boot handle sprayed. Hopefully then the back of the car will be done, so i can get on with lowering it, then concentrating on the front. More of a long term project to be honest, don't have the funds to be spending loads on money onit every week.

C+C welcome, feel free to say anything you would do / would have done differenly

Cheers

MK3

Dynamiqueee
s**t just realised 3 of these have come up! Could a mod please delete other 2? Thanks

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Little bit of an update, quite abit has happened over the last week or so. Sport rear bumper has now been fitted, started a full blue / white led conversion, and i'm off to pro-speed tomorrow to have a new exhaust fitted. Pics will be up sometime tomorrow.

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Ah just like me with a little more money lol, sounds quite good so far mate. Ummm in not very good with 'new' clio's take it that's a Mk3 but what is the engine in there? just out of curiosity. I think ill be watching this with interest.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I probably have less money, i just seem to spend every penny on her lol. Ignore the username mate, my initials are MK and 3 is just a random made up number! and this is a Mk2 Ph2, with a little 1.2 engine.

Ah just like me with a little more money lol, sounds quite good so far mate. Ummm in not very good with 'new' clio's take it that's a Mk3 but what is the engine in there? just out of curiosity. I think ill be watching this with interest.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Finally got a couple of half decent pictures to put up!

07032010045.jpg

Not happy atall with the way the time / temp display turned out, so will be sorting that soon hopefully.

07032010047.jpg

05032010039.jpg

06032010041.jpg

Coming a long nicely mate, Recessed exhaust goes nicely with the sport rear...

Cup spoiler or colour coded as it is would look better, I can relate with the funds part, Holds me back all the time.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Cheers mate. Yeah, i hate the black spoiler, but don't want to spend money getting it colour coded when i know i'll be getting a cup spoiler at some stage.

How is the car mechanically wise mate?

Mine is on roughly the same mileage and surprisingly everything still feels tight and like new. Only thing wrong is a few stonechips to the bonnett. Other than that, everything works as it should.

Car looks decent so far mate. Whats the next plans?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
It's seen better days to be honest. Nothing major wrong with her, just doesn't feel very responsive. I know it's only a 1.2, but it feels like it's lost power somehow. She's due a service though, so hopefully that will improve things!

Nothing major planned for now mate, saving for a holiday at the moment and the misses won't let me spend any serious money on the car lol. Just about to get a set of clear side repeaters off of ebay, then when funds allow she'll be lowered. Looking to do a full rep but won't be hapening any time soon. Buying the parts isn't the problem, its paying a furtune to get them painted!

How is the car mechanically wise mate?

Mine is on roughly the same mileage and surprisingly everything still feels tight and like new. Only thing wrong is a few stonechips to the bonnett. Other than that, everything works as it should.

Car looks decent so far mate. Whats the next plans?

DCi 100
Is that your STOP light and EML stuck on before you start it aswell? Let me know if you solve it as mine does the same.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Indeed it is, i believe it's due to low brake fluid / pads. Getting new pads fitted tomorrow, so i'll let you know if it turns off!

DCi 100
Had new pads about 3k miles ago :/

Mine has only been on since it died at a set of lights one day, wouldn't start again. The carbon cannister was loose and I think the wiring going to the crank sensor is nackered, along with the coil pack. >_<

Will be good to see dude.