ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio or Fiesta?

Mk6 Zetec S :(
The clio is now for sale, thinking of upgrading too a mk6 fiesta zetec s! Anyone had any experience of these, good/bad points would be appreciated! Cheers ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
nicer built, a lot more luxury than a mk2 clio i think

theyre quite a bit slower than the clios though, im guessing youre moving from a 1.2 though.

Yeah a 1.2 clio so should hopefully have a bit more poke anyway, auto trader says 98bhp. Don't think I could afford the insurance for lows yet but they look smart enough as they are, for the moment anyway!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Buy one. They are superb cars. I nearly bought a new one when they came out but the spec and finance didn't add up.

Very happy I didn't! Young and Silly.

The gearbox and steering will feel in a different league to your Clio. Don't worry about speed just enjoy the handling character and the fact it's a newer better put together car.

Sea Grey would be my choice. White is very rare but nice. The Anniversary edition in Green and Yellow have also come down a lit in price. Bit in your face.

What's the budget chap?

Arctic 182, GTD
I'd rather buy a mk5 ZS myself, 3 times cheaper and a better car to drive. I had one for years and loved it. Cheaper parts, better handling, quicker and my personal opinion better looking.

Yeah, I was hoping for a better build quality, my clio is starting too feel a bit cheap. Don't get me wrong i love it but its time for a change. Looking too spend no more than £5000 really, but I really like the yellow anniversary ones, the full leather interior looks really smart. Do they come standard on 16" alloys?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah standard 16's mate. ST has 17's but rides and handles much much better on the 16's.

I know you were saying about lowering but you can actually buy option Eibach springs from Ford direct. Easy simple mod.

Forget the Mk5. It's brilliant but the build quality isn't there as such and the bodywork will be showing signs of age.

The mk6 costs pennies to fix/run if you buy your own bits etc. it would be a worthwhile change if i'm honest. Then onto an R.S Clio later in life if you wish.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Sea Grey 14k 07 Plate MK6.5 on the drive here. Epic little car. Greedy, but epic.

Has got better and better with age.

Recommended.

Haaha, yeah a friend of mine has a mk5, theyre okay but they've got nothing on the mk6 looks wise I don't think.

if they're an option will they still have too be declared on the insurance? That's the real killer for me at the moment or I would just have a 197 or a 200 aha!

Ive seen an 07 anniversary with 54k for £4995, think I'm gonna have a test drive and hopefully have that if I like it!

Cheers for the help lads!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Have a test drive mate and update us with your thoughts.

Of course full leather if you can like the Anniversary you speak of.

2005 clio 1.2 16v
I have a MK6 mountuned fiesta tuning aside i think the fiesta is fantastic. Good build quality comfy cheap enough to repair. Looks smart and nice looking even as a standard car. :)

I will indeed bud, think it was the full leather that drew me too the anniversary tbh haha, and the bright yellow!
cheers mate!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Haaha, yeah a friend of mine has a mk5, theyre okay but they've got nothing on the mk6 looks wise I don't think.

if they're an option will they still have too be declared on the insurance? That's the real killer for me at the moment or I would just have a 197 or a 200 aha!

Ive seen an 07 anniversary with 54k for £4995, think I'm gonna have a test drive and hopefully have that if I like it!

Cheers for the help lads!

54k!? £5k!? That's far too expensive. Get your haggle head on, £4k max.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I had a mk6 zetec S and now have an ST.

Sadly my time with the zetec s was short lived (2 days) but over that time I knew I had made the right choice to buy one, really fun cars

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
54k!? £5k!? That's far too expensive. Get your haggle head on, £4k max.

Of course you don't pay full price but 4.5/5k is the going rate mate. Maybe because the TDCI holds value so well.

Hahaa, yeah it's on the Internet for £5000 but its with a dealer so ill get myself a deal whatever happens!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
£5k maybe for a TDCi Low miles car.

Not a Petrol 54k motor though. They're good, but not that good lol. I would seriously be aiming for £4k on that one.

Got a linky? (Does it still have the chequered roof thing on it?)

RS6 C7
Not been funny but for 5k you can get some proper nice motors,

Insurance is often cheaper on some Audi's, VW's than the more common "first" cars, It was actually cheaper for me to insure my old A3 2.0 170 then my 1.6 clio. 5K Gets you a nice golf or a higher mileage A3.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Strange I am a big fiesta fan but I bought a mk6 st and didn't like it sold it after 3 weeks of owning it !!!

I preferred the mk3 and mk5 lol

Then again I have the mk3 in my blood :)

Clio 172
Not been funny but for 5k you can get some proper nice motors,

Insurance is often cheaper on some Audi's, VW's than the more common "first" cars, It was actually cheaper for me to insure my old A3 2.0 170 then my 1.6 clio. 5K Gets you a nice golf or a higher mileage A3.

I think I'd still rather have a fiesta though? Better looking (than the equivalent golf/A3 anyway) and would be much more fun to drive.

IMO of course

RS6 C7
I think I'd still rather have a fiesta though? Better looking (than the equivalent golf/A3 anyway) and would be much more fun to drive.

IMO of course
It's obviously personal preference, I just thought I'd throw it out there to be honest. A golf would be where my money would go with that budget but i do alot of miles.

I only really like the mk7 fiesta.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I've always liked the FZS particularly the yellow Celebration one. Wish I'd gotten one over my old Clio Mk3 TCE which had near identical performance to the FZS, but about half of the appeal...