ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio on 5th Gear

ST170
I'm sure that 5th Gear have put a Clio 182 round their track and I'm sure that it posted a slightly faster time than a Boxster (not the S however).

I don't suppose anyone can find the link for it or a table with the times on it as I can't find it, or failing that can confirm my suspicions/expectations that there isn't that much between the two. The reason being I know this big mouth who keeps going on about how fast his car is and how the clio 182 is 'just a shopping car' etc etc and he's beginning to annoy me...

Having said that I'd still swap cars :quiet: Not that I'd admit it to him

BMW M3
Yeah, you right mate. I remember watching that and they said it was faster then the boxter round their track. Was not the S though and was the previous model to the current one.

BMW M3
Ok, ive just watched 2 different clips of the 182 vs CTR on 5th gear and they never mentioned it ! How wierd is that ! Ive always been sure i heard it on that shoot-out.

Wonder where we heard it ?

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
what always pisses me off about this vid is that tif drives the ctr like a saint and the clio like a t**t i cant stand the bloke he's just a great big tosspot

megane
gutted if its not the S as thats wat me dad has lol
i told him the clio is faster round there trackl, hope he never finds out,

Octavia VRS
what always pisses me off about this vid is that tif drives the ctr like a saint and the clio like a tw*t i cant stand the bloke he's just a great big tosspot

lol. The guy's a great driver imo and I'd take his opinion over pretty much anyone on ClioSport regarding the 182 vs CTR issue

Banana
what always pisses me off about this vid is that tif drives the ctr like a saint and the clio like a tw*t i cant stand the bloke he's just a great big tosspot

Here's the thing with that.....
It's impossible to drive the Clio like a saint and the ctr like a t**t. The clio is a track machine, and the ctr is a gheyboy straightline breadvan (sorry Kenny :eek: I know you want one)

106 GTi

This was my point when they showed it, he came to a stand still almost in the Clio at one point in the lap spinning the wheels. We all know Tiff has a Breadvan bias.

BMW M3

This was my point when they showed it, he came to a stand still almost in the Clio at one point in the lap spinning the wheels. We all know Tiff has a Breadvan bias.

Yeah, thats the bit i was meaning with lift off...

Octavia VRS

Here's the thing with that.....
It's impossible to drive the Clio like a saint and the ctr like a tw*t. The clio is a track machine, and the ctr is a gheyboy straightline breadvan (sorry Kenny :eek: I know you want one)

lol I'll let you away....you haters ;)

PH1_172
I'm sure that 5th Gear have put a Clio 182 round their track and I'm sure that it posted a slightly faster time than a Boxster (not the S however).

I don't suppose anyone can find the link for it or a table with the times on it as I can't find it, or failing that can confirm my suspicions/expectations that there isn't that much between the two. The reason being I know this big mouth who keeps going on about how fast his car is and how the clio 182 is 'just a shopping car' etc etc and he's beginning to annoy me...

Having said that I'd still swap cars :quiet: Not that I'd admit it to him

i woundlt swap cars with him lol boxster s is a poor mans porsche you'd always wish you'd bought the 911 for the extra ££'s and looks horriable imo and thats coming from a girl, i remember my boyfriend racing a boxster s in his cupra r that was revo'd he beat him off as they both came off the roundabout and blated it to ahem 70mph the fetled cupra r was about - 3/4 of a car to a car length ahead

Octavia VRS
GF's folks' neighbour has a new model Boxster S and I wouldn't say no. Know what you're saying about comparing to a 911 but it's still a Porker at the end of the day!

Your bf's Cupra R sounds tasty...or the Boxster S driver can't drive!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'd take the Porsche. Ok, so if you'd done a bit better you could have had a 911, but that's like telling every Clio owner that if they'd done a bit better they could have had a Vee. I could have had a Vee, I just didn't want one and tbh, I'd rather a Boxter S and a nice BM or something than go out and out and get a 911 and have to get a Mondeo for back seats...

And anyway, bunch of spotty teenagers in Clios telling Boxter drivers that they could have had a 911 if they'd done better - am I missing something here? You all drive Clios?