ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk4 Radio Issues (aftermarket)

Focus / Clio / Impre
Hi Guys,

Right I purchased a stereo today for my Clio, as I want to connect my ipod to the car, so picked up a nice Sony unit from Halfrauds.

Anyway, took the old out out easy enough, also got a little fascia from Halfords, and put the cage in. Plugged it all in and it worked (left it out a little just to make sure i didnt have to switch over the red/yellow cable (as the lad in the shop said)

I tuned a station in, and took the key out the ignition and the Sony unit did a little beep (as it used to do on my old one in my old car to remind you to remove the front)

I then pushed the stereo all the way in (had a little bother with this as there isnt much space in, but managed to move the wires and get the whole unit clipped in)

Put the key in the ignition and nothing, the stereo doesn't work... Took the multi meter out, checked the fueses and wires...

There is 12v on ignition, but no 12v from battery... I though as this is a canbus system (i used to fit stereo's for a local company so know a little about it) the canbus system might have shut down this part of the system, so disconnected the battery for 10 min thinking that would reset the computer, but still nothing.

Anyone else have any ideas. Halfords wont touch it, and I'm stuck with no tunage :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Jason_E sorted out all his audio in his GT (presume by mk4 you mean the 09 on shape). Might be worth a pm to him.

Focus / Clio / Impre
Where's this other fuse then? Not the one to the left of the steering column as that is the fuse for the ignition wire and the ignition wire is fine. I traced the wires from stereo to cambus module then they go from there out the bulk head to the fuses infrint of the battery (which are all fine) then from there to the posative terminal

Now if I'm missing a fuse somewhere it's well hidden

Focus / Clio / Impre
Well I've traces the wires from the iso block behind the dash. They from stereo (also connected to heater cables) over the top of the glove box and joins the rest of the cars wiring. This all then goes into a multiplug then from there it goes into the cambus then from there it goes out the bulk head to the fuses infrint of the battery then onto the posative terminal.

All fuses are fine. Cannot find any hidden fuses along the line.