ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 running gear into Mk1 Clio - What fits?

Er lots!
Have a Clio 172 that I'm using as a donor for a Renault 8 project (front subframe in the back of the 8) but once in it will be replaced by a modded FART. Always loved my mk1 16v and thought I would transplant the 172 lump into a mk1 shell and use as many of the 172 bits as I can to update the mechanicals to make a nice little track day car. I'm sure the engine would drop in easily enough but any issues with the gearbox, will the brakes or suspension fit? I'm assuming a few people must have done this conversion already, how do they go? Always loved my 182 round a circuit but did find the lack of straight line urge on the road frustrating against the turbo hatches that are so common now. With the substantially lower weight of the Mk1 I think it would make all the difference.

Any comments or advice very welcome and gratefully received

Dear god man,
Throw up pics of that R8 conversion!! :D

172 engine and gearbox both fit into the mk1,
along with driveshafts,bigger brakes,arb + way more

use 172 rear brake calipers also...
Wy better then mk1 ones!!