ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 ph1 1.2 8v ecu/key swap

Hiya, Will I be able to swap out new ecu, barrel, coil, and keyfob to cure the bad keyfob issue? Or is there more to it, ie. The black box behind the dash (dunno if the car has one tbh not looked)? Can get a working combo from breakers for 50 quid which is loads cheaper than 140 for new key, could use quick answer if possible ait's been offered to me for 45 if I'm quick.
Regards, sean

Fixed it! bought a keyfob from breakers yard for 3 quid.
Used a hot air rework station to lift the transponder coil off the board as You cant just unsolder them as they are bonded to the pcb with 5 little resin blobs which need to be melted too. You could cut it off with an exacto knife but danger of cracking the ferrite core or use a regular heat gun and lots of flux but also iffy.

Soldered to the old board and woohoo works! gonna get a spare transponder key cut asap now for emergencies.