ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 Body mouldings - HELP please!!

Clio expression
I'm planning on sorting out the looks of my Clio - I can't quite get enough money off my money tree for the 172 so I just want to add a few touches to mine as it is for the minute.

I have a silver clio 2002 1.2, with the horrible black/grey body mouldings and I'm wondering if there is any way these can be painted, or whether clio sport bumpers will fit my car? along with a trip to a salvage yard for the side mouldings.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renalt-Sport-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ad66f73f - something like that.

The plan is to get it all silver, stick some alloys on (preferably the 182's anthracites if i can find some) and lower it about 30mm.

Advice will be warmly welcomed!! Thanks a bunch

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Do your numbers...with all the money you'll spend on parts, bumpers, paint, wheels and so on...you are putting that 172 farther from you.
I'd give the actual 1.2 a good detail to bring it to showroom condition, save more money and then get the 172 :D
As far as I know you can fit the rear bumper without problems, the front bumper is a different matter...it is not a perfect match unless you are willing to modify the bumper a little bit.

Clio expression
hmm good point. I'm just over eager & I really want that 172. Any ideas on some easy mods to make my clio a bit more of a head turner?
The last thing I want to do is make it a 172 look-a-like though.

Colour coding isn't that expensive tbh, and really improves the look I think.
Have a look in the guides section, towards the back there's a really detailed guide on how to spray stuff.

Clio expression
Wicked ill check that now cheers - As much as I want a 172 I just done an insurance quote on one... 4500 fully comp. What a b**ch