ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 Authtentique Rain Sensor Activation

Clio mk2 2004 hb 1.2
Hi everyone,

I have 2004 clio mk2 hb authentique, i want buy and activate rain sensor but i am confused about some thing. If anyone help me i will be very happy😁

My wiper control arm has not auto mode, i think i can make a connection with jumper as the wiper control arm is in automatic mode from uch pins. But uch module will always stay in automatic wiper mode. When i want use wipers with wiper control arm there will be confusion on uch because uch module always stay in automatic wiper mode.

Does this cause trouble in uch?

Thanks😄

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
My understanding is you will need the higher spec n3 uch, the higher spec wiring loom with rain sensor wiring, the rain sensor and the wiper stalk.

Clio mk2 2004 hb 1.2
My understanding is you will need the higher spec n3 uch, the higher spec wiring loom with rain sensor wiring, the rain sensor and the wiper stalk.
Thanks for your answer,
N3 uch is too expensive and very rare here. I have n2 uch, does not have the features required for the rain sensor?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Correct need an n3 UCH. Much cheaper to buy a whole ECU kit from a car in the UK, will be less than £50. UCH, ECU and key fobs makes up a whole kit.

seem to recall it being only one wire from the UCH up to the rain sensor plug but it goes through the r301 connector at the top of the dash so easiest to replace the loom which goes up the A-pillar. All cars which came with auto wipers also had auto lights (which is a LOT more work) so if you buy an n3 UCH it will need programming with CLIP to get the correct configuration. As said, variable speed stalk is required.

I had auto wipers retrofitted in an old car. Worked a charm.