ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk 3 DCI Engine Temp Sensor Location

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Is this just not a dead thermostat? if it isn't opening correctly it won't have any waterflow thus overheat?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
You'll need to take it off, It's at the bottom of the lump below the cambelt attached to the waterpump, it'll piss water when you take it off, but just put it in boiling water when it's out and see if it moves / opens. if the gasket get's stuck to the pump you'll need a new one mind but they are under £20 new.

E92 330
Ok thanks, i will check it tonight. I`m not convinced the engine is actually over heating, i`ve got a feeling its an electrical fault or sensor fault. Are there any sesnors which could cause the instrument display warning to come on?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Not sure on Diesel but the coolant temp sensor would be the one that would be setting it off if anything, it's either in the radiator or in the water bottle itself, I'm sure Derv Destroyer could tell us as he's had his one to bits several times.