ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Maintenance/Health help?

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Hello, I really don't know what the title should be, sorry. Basically my Clio 1.2 Liberte (Yeah!) :rasp:... It is a bit noisy and a bit shaky/lumpy noticeably so. It seems to drive well and everything its just the noise sounds a bit dry at the top end and it shudders quite a bit on idle. I was just wondering what I could do to quiet it down and stop it shuddering so much.. As I said it does pull fine it drives fine I just would like it to run smoother really.... ;) is there any general maintenance I can do to sort it? Thanks I apologise for the boring thread lol!

Last edited:
  Ph2 Flamer
Hard to say without knowing a bit more about the car and the conditions you describe but perhaps new sparks and an oil change, air filter, check the ht leads are ok etc. Bag yourself a Haynes manual and check out the servicing schedule compared to the mileage on your car and see whats likely to need doing. All the clios i've been in have a lumpy idle, they are French...