ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio is no more......but thankfully i'm still here

t3 corolla 116bhp
hey all

havent been on in a while but am sad to say that the clio has met its maker. collided with another car on a side road. just wanted to gather from you guys what i could reasonably expect from the insurance company as a good offer if it is declared written off. also is it an option for me to buy the car back to break etc?

02 clio, 103k, dci (65) dynamique. colour coded, 16" 182 alloys, RS leather/alacntara seats. all mods are declared on my policy

cheers guys

J

ibiza cupra
unlucky mate. you can ussually buy the car back if it is a cat d or c (i think). anything after that and i think it has to be crushed as its not safe to be repaired so you dont get the option.

t3 corolla 116bhp
its already been towed. seat wiring is are soldered in and i had no replacement seats.

"Navy" N17 TWO
FFS Jonny not the beloved Tank :dead:
My old dci is dead too :(

Sorry to hear about the car, but glad you are ok mate!

Trev

t3 corolla 116bhp
cheers trev. i'm ok yeah. was just a bit shaken up as expected. the old maxim is true tho, cars are replacable, ppl aren't

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Sorry to hear about this mate :(

I'd buy it back if it wasn't too dear and you can afford another car. But if you need or want a car quick just take the cash like i did :(

t3 corolla 116bhp
i'm in no rush for another car tbh.

just wonder what to do about the extras i'd put in, namely the alloys and seats.

"Navy" N17 TWO
The bit you're after - are they all intact?
I mean is it worth the bother of trying to get them off the car?

At a guess, 2k? Put it this way, looking at mine (52 reg with less miles (60k), but full sports bits and coilies) was 3.25k.

p.s. sorry to hear, liked this car, loved the colour and simple mods.

t3 corolla 116bhp
was hoping to get a bit more than 2k with the mods and general condition it was in plus they do seem to be holding their money at over 2k with similar miles but lesser spec. here's hoping anyway...

clio 182 cup
normally they let you keep the car if you say you aint happy with the payout they offer you. just keep telling them that u aint happy then tell them u want to keep the car and its a deal. they normally say yeah as they dont get much out of it as they only scrap them anyways. no skin of their nose if u break it or a dismantler does, they just wanna go home on time at the end of the day.

t3 corolla 116bhp
have been informed that the car is going to be written off. :-( just waiting now for the insurance company to offer me a price for it. this should be the fun part.....not.

"Navy" N17 TWO
You know you can refuse their offer 3 times (I think) if you don't feel it's enough
When my 1st car was written off they weren't going to pay out at all at first, even though the council admitted liability at the scene lol :S

Good luck with the outcome anyway Jonny whatever happens :)

Black Clio GT
see what they offer and then ask for your seats and wheels back or more money to cover the cost of buying these again.........

t3 corolla 116bhp
see what they offer and then ask for your seats and wheels back or more money to cover the cost of buying these again.........

this is what i was planning tbh.

am i right in thinking that since i still have the log book etc that i am still the legal owner of the car or does it now belong to the insurance company?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
this is what i was planning tbh.

am i right in thinking that since i still have the log book etc that i am still the legal owner of the car or does it now belong to the insurance company?

You will need to submit the V5 document for the insurance company to pay out...but its still technically yours until you submit the V5.